Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Buying and selling a few things.  (Read 14749 times)

NoMad

• View Profile
Buying and selling a few things.
« on: February 09, 2019, 07:55:53 pm »
Getting ready for the next phases of work....

So I now have a great condition set of 88 formula wheels with essentially brand new tires. Two tires have less than 1000 miles (fronts) and the rears look just about as good.

Also a set of 88 rotors all around.

Looking for:

An F355 style front bumper facia
GT ground effects and brackets as well as rear bumper facia
Side scoops. Really looking for the Fiero fiberglass GT1 style but open to other similar options.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Buying and selling a few things.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 08:21:32 pm »
Check with ScottB.  He just stripped an 86SE with ground effects.  He may have much of what you need.  There are also some GT panels at the parts barn.  There are right and left front fenders, rear gt fascias, left and right gt rockers, left and right gt lower door trim.  Scott's car still has the rockers and support structure on it, too.  There are left side rear gt quarters at the barn and Scott has right and left rear gt quarters if he's not keeping them. 

When it comes time for paint, we have two excellent painters.  Tha Driver in Commerce and Jon Champlain in Powder Springs or Mableton area.  He's setting up his own shop and said he should be in full operation shortly.  Several of our members have used each.   
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:32:29 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 08:37:18 pm »
Be aware that, with both the GT1 and GT2 side scoops, there is some work to be done.  The major fitment issues are fixed, but there are thin spots in their panels, and some minor fitment issues.  You will need to finish the panels.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 09:36:58 pm »
For quarter panel scoops, check out Sage Glassworks 
"sgw AT gmail dot com"   (written that way to try to confuse the bots)

He used to make all the pieces for Fiero Warehouse (who bought out IRM.)
Here's one type that he offers. Essentially all you need to do is prime and paint.
When I installed mine, I had to elongate one hole, at the bottom. Otherwise they fit perfectly.

Edit - If you're adding the GT bodywork to your car, you can order these panels pre-drilled to accommodate the ground effects.
(Mine doesn't have the ground effects. All the panels are stock Formula except for the side scoops and the fastback stuff.
Strangely enough, your car was part of the inspiration for mine, years ago.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:22:19 am by Raydar »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 10:25:47 pm »
Yeah, the passenger side was the problem side.  My scoops had thin spots, bubbles, and some exposed fiber.

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 11:28:50 am »
I have a rear bumper fascia.  How does $50 sound?  Email me if interested as I don't check in here very often.

NoMad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 12:00:09 pm »
I don't mind doing some finishing if it means I get the look I am after. The work is half the fun really.

I already spoke with Sage but that isn't really the look I am after right at the moment. Looking for a bit more swoop and curve and less angular.

Is that a GT rear fascia? Where is it located?

I am getting the feeling I might end up needing to buy some extra side panals to just mod and take a mold from at this point. Just got in a little too late for the parts I wanted.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:16:50 pm by NoMad »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 12:02:37 pm »
Juat got in a little too late for the parts I wanted.

Exactly how I feel.

NoMad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 12:19:20 pm »
Of course in Alaska I had everything I needed to build any of the panels I wanted including the workshop space, but no Fiero. Now I have the car but no workshop and half the tools.

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 10:40:52 pm »
I don't mind doing some finishing if it means I get the look I am after. The work is half the fun really.

I already spoke with Sage but that isn't really the look I am after right at the moment. Looking for a bit more swoop and curve and less angular.

Is that a GT rear fascia? Where is it located?

I am getting the feeling I might end up needing to buy some extra side panals to just mod and take a mold from at this point. Just got in a little too late for the parts I wanted.
  Yes, GT Fascia in Waleska, GA.