Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: W'rectum?  (Read 22792 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: W'rectum?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 08:37:39 pm »
If you go to www.pullapart.com you can check their inventory at any of the yards, nationwide before you go there.  You can also check the prices of parts before you go so you know how many pockets of cash you need.  

There's a young lady near Vidalia that has a little 4-cylinder for sale.  Nice looking car.  It could use a V6 in it.  

Go to The Market and see 86 SE For Sale by baile.  Here's the link to her Craigslist ad.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1325810071.html
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:47:38 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Jam Clich

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 10:17:23 pm »
That one and this 86 SE were the two I was considering. With the second, I'd really just need to swap the fastback clip from mine and get her repainted. If the mileage is lower than mine (111,000), I'm the better for it. If not, I can take the time to swap my engine and tranny. The title would be a grueling and bureaucratically distasteful process, but it'd be a simple change.

On the other hand, with the first, I'd be swapping more of my own parts, and while I know it would be longer, I'd also be sure I'm getting a reliable piece of machinery, judging from how well mine ran.
Beware of Nazi Bananas; you never know when Fascist fruit will attempt world domination.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 07:36:23 am »
Installing the fastback clip wouldn't require any changes on the title.  All Fieros are listed as 2 door coupes.  Changing a 4 to a 6 isn't any problem, either.  All that needs to be done when you register the vehicle is to tell them.  I just changed the color on a title and they didn't question it at all.  Raydar can probably tell you first hand.  He changed his Formula to a fastback and a V8.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Jam Clich

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 01:16:45 pm »
Oh, I don't mean a title change because of the body work. It's a bonded title.
Beware of Nazi Bananas; you never know when Fascist fruit will attempt world domination.

Jam Clich

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 04:30:05 pm »
Okay, I've waited long enough. This week is high school fall break, so I'm going to start stripping panels off my car. There's one thing about bolt-on cars I was always too embarrassed to ask: does it matter what screws were where? Should I be keeping screws for each part separate, or can I just bag them all?

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 04:44:06 pm »
Bag and Tag... ;D ;D ;D
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Jam Clich

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 04:50:30 pm »
So I can get to pulling and not be worried about mixups?

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 04:54:12 pm »
Pictures help also... ::)
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 05:15:17 pm »
Use a separate bag for each panel and put a tag inside indicating the part.  Maybe also take a Sharpee and write on the bag, too.  There are possibly some fasteners that are specific to the panel. 

A word of warning, based on experience.  If you're removing the fastback clip, when you open the decklid, you will see a small square tab at the back edge of the inner sail panel trim panel just above each side of the trunk seal.  DO NOT be tempted to put a small screwdriver into the little slot and pry on it.  It WILL break.  On the top surface, there is a screw.  Remove it and the tab can usually be pulled out with your fingers.  These tabs are extremely rare. 

Jam Clich

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 07:18:49 pm »
I, uh, didn't wait around very long to get an answer, but I went with instincts, and now there's several paper bags each marked with a Sharpie and full of bolts and screws. :D Haven't gotten around to the fastback clip quite yet. I'm going to be extra careful on every area of the back, as the fastback clip and driver door panel are the only panels that are intact. Every bit of the GT skirt, even, has been damaged somewhere except for the clip. The front fascia and both fenders are off, at least. This is all a learning experience for me, though. I really like getting my hands dirty on this car.

If things work out with my dad, and I can somehow get him to approve of me getting another Fiero, I'm scanning through my choices in the Market. Either I'll get one in good condition and part out mine (club members first!) to pay for part of the expense, or do what I really want and find something like the 88 T-Top Paul was selling back when I wrecked her to transfer parts into with my dad.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:20:36 pm by Jam Clich »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 09:07:07 am »
Did you get my email with the info about the 88GT?

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 11:01:06 am »
just curious, what 88gt would that be?
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 03:42:09 pm »
There's an 88 Gt out here that Allan could probably swap some stuff from his wrecked car and have a driveable automobile. 

Jam Clich

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 05:32:56 pm »
My apologies on my lack of response. I went out of town. I showed my dad the email, and he said no... Pretty plainly, too. :(

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 09:34:52 pm »
So, what are your plans, Fierowise?