Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: The highway patrol confiscated my Fiero  (Read 15458 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: The highway patrol confiscated my Fiero
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 06:09:16 pm »
I think I would seek retribution.  Loss of use and enjoyment of personal property should be worth a couple Thousand.  Pain and Suffering from the anxiety of what might happen to your car while it was in their possession.  Damage to the vehicle while loading and unloading from the tow truck.  I'd let it go to court so there's a full public record of it. 

Take pictures from every major Fiero event that you can find to show as evidence that GM and defunct Pontiac are the ones that are responsible for the missing rear seats.

The attorney had my Fiero released.  Actually, it sems to be fine.  It was parked in a garage with a bunch of other vehicles.  Only thing was, they wanted more than $700 to release my Fiero to me.  I called the attorney again, and they released my Fiero.  The HP officer will be docked for all fees.

Actually, you should have seen the look on his face.  I believe he works for the state, so does not report to her, but she got his boss on the phone.  This attorney is a short little lady, but a holy terror in court.  She laid into the officer pretty good.  The point was made that I work for her.  Leave me alone.  The officer's boss was quiet, until the attorney was finished, then said, "That sums it up."

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2019, 06:14:13 pm »
I dont see how any body in their right mind would think that there ever was a back seat in  a Fiero.  You sure it wasnt done as a joke???

Apparently, they thought it was a Camaro or Firebird.

There have been a lot of complaints about modified vehicles.  If you are white, and your vehicle is modified, you're in for it.  This was supposed to help get rid of clunkers.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2019, 06:19:06 pm »
You live in a Police State! You must had made some politician or bureaucrat angry. I've never heard of such. How would they have known to look for the car at a church? There has to be more to the story...

In Georgia you can take out all the seats from a car if you want to.

I make them angry regularly.  They usually either get over it or avoid me.  Several are my clients.  They would rather have me fix their stuff than annoy me.

The pastor at church called the police to remove some derelict vehicles.  They were not specifically after my Fiero.  Cars with only 1 plate were also targeted.  I did not know, but 1 plate is apparently now legal here.  Mine has 2, though.  The pastor is sure getting chewed out.  It isn't as if the lot was even half full.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2019, 06:21:04 pm »
My first car was a VW Microbus. The back seats were made to be easily removed for carrying cargo. I wonder if they allowed those where  you live.

I remember driving a van with only a kitchen chair gravity-mounted.

It is legal to remove seats, except maybe the driver's seat.  He thought I shortened the vehicle.  In any case, it was not being driven, at the time.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2019, 06:23:37 pm »
He hasn't posted since 7 something this morning. I hope he didn't get sent to Guantanamo.

LOL!  I had to go to work.  2 appointments to make and a class to teach.  Besides, it's Monday.  Stuff hits the fan on Mondays.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2019, 10:08:12 pm »
My Fiero is safely back home.  Nothing seems to have hit--even the nose.

We have a reporter who reports on stuff like this, but he goes overboard.  I do not want to be in the papers, or to have my name associated with him.

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2019, 10:53:32 pm »
I’m glad to hear you and your Fiero got out unscathed. Could have been a sticky situation if too many egos got involved.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 06:37:08 pm »
A friend of mine said that I should've told them that all that bouncing around and rough treatment cracked the paint, made the fuel gauge read incorrectly, and made the headliner sag, then insisted that they pay to fix these things.

He was joking, of course, knowing that I would not lie, but it still made me laugh.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2019, 10:13:10 am »
You live in a Police State!

I have lived in many cities/states/countries, if 2 years counts as living at a given place.  There are some cities in this state that have very strict rules.  Some people never get bothered by these rules, but I am a country boy, and am used to fewer rules.  Most areas in this state are not like this, yet.  There have been many changes in the last 20 years or so.

As for church, certain people showed up and caused problems at various events.  At a Truck'R'Treat, those certain people used bats to break out the windows of cars and damage body panrls.  They harassed the people, as well.  Since then, the police are required to have a heavy presence.  At the annual festival, those people acted like wild animals, pushing people down, trashing stalls, etc.  More police.  Event after event had this happen.  Nothing happens to the problem-makers, but good people stopped attending these events, so the animals got what they wanted.  The local police have their hands full, dealing with the animals, with the police often ending up in the hospital.  It was sometimes 7-to-1 against the police.  Eventually, the police refused to come, so the HP now handles this.

The pastor got tired of this, so he calls in anything suspicious.  I took him for a ride in my Fiero.  Not exactly by force, but he kept making excuses of why he couldn't.  "Just have a seat here, Father.  Let me help you swing your legs in.  Let me get that door for you.  Better buckle up!"  When we got back, he just sat there for a moment, then, "Do you always drive like that?"