Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Cruise to the Coast: Patriots Point  (Read 17926 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Cruise to the Coast
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2020, 11:10:04 am »
Another response, authored by GrannyLinda was "Yes, they all burned except for this one" or these if more than 1 is present. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

tiretread

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 12:44:23 pm »
This sounds great. I'd definitely like to link up with you folks in Charleston.  Finally got my Fiero running again.  Seems the first ICM wasn't any good and the second one got the car running like a top.  Now I just have to fix the other headlight that stopped popping up.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2021, 12:50:35 pm »
If you cannot get the motor rebuilt or replaced by then, you can open the headlights, and leave them up for the trip.  Just open the hood, turn on the headlights, and unplug the motors.  If one headlight does not open, manually turn the knob on that motor, until that headlight is fully open.  Be sure that the motors are unplugged, first.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:13:05 pm by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 06:08:54 pm »
No votes?  The voting closes in a few days.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2021, 06:43:41 pm »
I'm out for March.  Mother's Day is May 9 may be a problem.  When our meetings have fallen on that weekend, we had poor attendance.

Historically, when we have done extra events, they fall on the 3rd or 4th weekend.  People may skip the meeting to do the event if they can't do two in a row. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2021, 06:47:04 pm »
Another response, authored by GrannyLinda was "Yes, they all burned except for this one" or these if more than 1 is present.

JohnWPB claims to have been the one who started that.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2021, 09:43:46 pm »
I am wondering how many club events could realistically be held in a given month.

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2021, 10:22:59 am »
I have a buddy who is a classic car insurance agent and car guy with a F1 truck and  a model A.  In the summer he will hit 4 or 5 events each weekend.  Looks at every car, very friendly guy talks to dozens of folks, and passes out flyers.  He doesn't stay long at each as its business.  So your answer is 20!  But he is just attending not setting up.

It depends on membership.  All retired guys with nothing to do weekly coffee meets are common. In Atlanta there are the ROMEO guys that meet at the Marietta diner every Tuesday with their cars. They don't do any other events as a group. No tours or anything. 

My regional V8 club is almost all old retired guys.  One monthly club meeting that includes dinner, one monthly social dinner that I have never attended.  And around 3 or 4 weekend driving events a year organized by us and attendance as a group at at around 3 or 4 car shows put on by others.  Plus many attend national and regional events put on by the national V8 club.  Very active club regionally and nationally, covid excepting.

Most of the ROMEOs are also members of the GSRA, which is a
very large street rod club, that group has one monthly destination meeting, one annual swap meet and one annual sponsored charity car show.  The swap and show take the place of a meeting. So one total monthly event. 

My SFCC traditional hot rod club has withered and nearly died.  We were all young guys with cars.  Met each month to drink and be rowdy.  Never put on shows but attended HAMB type stuff.  Were all older now  married, many with kids, some moved away, we all have jobs or run own businesses.  Haven't seen many in years.  Still meet up occassionally almost a once a year thing at this point.  I missed the last one.

If you have a club with working stiffs, members over a large distance, or members with kids who have commitments on weekends attending one monthly event can be a stretch sometimes.  Let alone trying to organize more than one or two a year.  If everyone is retired you can meet up all the time, if you like each other that much!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2021, 10:40:13 am »
I don't like myself that much, so avoid meetings as possible.  Up here, we bury the stiffs.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  Working people--especially those with a family--will have limited time.

We want more than 1 or 2 people at events.  For a good turnout, we may need to focus our efforts.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2021, 07:43:19 pm »
Any progress on this?

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2021, 08:01:57 am »
Update: scouting run set for March 19-21, 2020 or 2021 if your DeLorean is broken

Anyone interested please contact me directly so I can help arrange hotel stay.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:18:43 am by Wreck It Ralph »
1988 Fiero Base 4cyl 5spd.
1986 Fiero GT ... Parting out. Let me know if you need something.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2021, 08:04:03 am »
The event itself is on the calendar for the following weekend.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2021, 10:05:48 am »
Update: scouting run set for March 19-21, 2020.

Anyone interested please contact me directly so I can help arrange hotel stay.

I am be able to make the first part of the trip as far as Savannah, but won't be able to stay overnight.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2021, 10:22:40 am »
I just noticed your date says 2020 instead of 2021.

I also checked my calendar and realized I'm due for my 2nd  Covid shot on the morning of the 20th.  So, I cant go.

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2021, 11:18:08 am »
I just noticed your date says 2020 instead of 2021.

I also checked my calendar and realized I'm due for my 2nd  Covid shot on the morning of the 20th.  So, I cant go.

Your Fiero doesn’t go back in time? I retrofitted a flux capacitor in mine.
1988 Fiero Base 4cyl 5spd.
1986 Fiero GT ... Parting out. Let me know if you need something.