Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Want 20 HP the cheap way?  (Read 16244 times)

Flyboy81

• View Profile
Want 20 HP the cheap way?
« on: February 28, 2010, 04:26:03 pm »
I just rescently install a 1227730 ECM into my dads 85 GT Auto TTop car, this was probably the most gainful yet inexpensive swap done to the car to date.  I got the ECM, connectors, Ryan Gick's custom tune (Sinister Performance), knock sensor, Digital EGR and adaptor plate for the EGR for around 300 bucks.  If you know what youre doing when it comes to repinning the Fiero connectors, it should take you about 5 hours to repin and add on the extra hardware.  Ryan can reprogram the Mem-Cal for around 65 bucks shipping and all.  On a bone stock 2.8 V6 Fiero, this will gain you in the ballpark of 15-25 HP!  Not only do you get a gain in power, the driveability of the car becomes so much nicer.  In the Auto, you will notice the TCC is softer to engage, it doesnt just drop right in everytime you give steady throttle, it waits untill it sees your cruising steady.  With the use of a knock sensor, it runs a more aggressive timing curve and a better fuel curve under WOT.  The power band is strong all the way to 5800.  The 7730 refreshes 10x a sec as opposed to the Fieros 1 time every 1.5 sec.  This is good for Auto or Manual cars.  I am open to do these swaps for anyone at Robs shop.  Just contact him and If be happy to get the parts for you if you needed. 

bristowb

• View Profile
Re: Want 20 HP the cheap way?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:18:13 am »
New to the Board. Who is Robbie and a contact number and what is the total cost? Thanks

Carpetman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 01:05:41 pm »
Robbie is the President of The East Tennessee Fiero Club and great guy. Unfortunately he has been struck by an automobile and is in the Critical Trauma Unit at Erlanger Hospital where he has been undergoing surgery and is now in what they call stable but critial condition. You can probably contact Flyboy81, they work together on this.
I think we should take home our whole paycheck,don't you? http://www.fairtax.org.

FormulaPilot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 02:55:12 pm »
Flyboy81,

Are you offering to do this swap?  If so, what's the cost?

Does this upgrade improve mileage?  If so, then this is the Holy Grail of upgrades.  Better power, better driveability, and better mileage.

Is there any way to put DIS on an otherwise stock 2.8 with this ECM?  I'm tired of replacing pickup coils.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 05:11:57 pm »
See this thread on Pennock's.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

FormulaPilot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 05:31:05 pm »
See this thread on Pennock's.

Well, dang!  I've looked for this before, but I've never found it.  Thanks.