Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Cruise To The Coast  (Read 26623 times)

86FIFI

• View Profile
Re: Cruise To The Coast
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 10:12:03 pm »
I think it's a wonderful idea!! I could help you guys around!! Paula Dean's is kind of expensive, but I just got the buffet. It includes appetizer breads, all you can eat south GA buffet, and a variety of desserts. It was good to me, but about $25 a person. Reservations can be made easily if you have a party of 10 or more. Otherwise its a little more difficult to get in. You dont have to stay in a hotel on Tybee unless you just want to, but $70 a night isnt a bad price for a room on or off the beach. I would love for you guys to come here, and I would be able to have a part in the GA Fiero Club.
Matt

2002 Ford F-150 5.4 Crewcab
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 2.8 4-Speed

Pennock's Build Thread
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/111183.html

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 07:28:26 pm »
Tom, we haven't set a date, yet.  I'm waiting on Don to see what fits into his schedule.  The festival was a suggestion Tim made as a possible activity and date.  We've got to find out what Don's medical schedules are then we'll decide a date.  Keep some weekends open.

In that case, I'm back in.  :)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 06:11:48 pm »
AT the meeting today, it was decided that the cruise to the coast would take place on Halloween weekend, Oct. 30 and 31.  I guess it will be a rain or shine event.  This is the weekend before the Road Atlanta PDX, so I won't be able to make this one.  :'(  I'll still work to coordinate everything, though. 

Based upon who is going, I'll set up a meeting place to caravan together.  If there's lots from the north and west of town, we could meet up maybe at Southlake Mall.  If most are from the north and east side of town, maybe Gwinnett Place Mall.  You need to sign up on this thread as a DEFINITE.  Maybes and Mights won't be calculated :D

From downtown it's easiest to go down 75 to Macon then take 16 to Savannah.  From the east side, it's better to pick up 441 between Athens and Madison and follow it down to Dublin and pick up 16.  

Tom Ott will be the person for the hotel.  
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:21:17 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 07:39:25 pm »
I'll be busy that week-end.  So, now I'm going to have to bail out.

Rat Pee 86

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 09:25:01 pm »
RE: hotel for this cruise....
go to www.tybeevisit.com and check out hotels for Saturday October 30th, then leave some feedback here on this thread and we can figure out what to do.  I suggested Tybee because I researched it this last summer, but other suggestions will be entertained.

Tom Ott

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 12:01:41 am »
I had done some checking and had information, but when I posted, it disappeared.  Here's a summary.

Rodeway Inn and Royal Palms are next to each other about midway of the island.  500 feet to the beach, then a ramp through the dunes and sea oats to the beach.  The beach is small in this area and less frequented.   

Rodeway Inn $80 for 2 queen beds and continental breakfast.

Royal Palms Inn is next door.  $59 for 2 beds.  No breakfast, No Pets.

Howard Johnsons is near the south end and the pier.  It's closer to the beach.  Has more restaurants and shops very close.  The beach is wide in this area.  $80 for 2 queens and continental breakfast.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Rat Pee 86

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 08:31:33 pm »
I vote for HoJo.  It had a 5 out of 5 star rating and favorable comments from past guests. Besides, any company that can start out selling ice cream (1 flavor) and end up at 88 flavors with a restaurant and hotel chain MUST be doing something right. Any other atendees have an opinion ?? ???

Tom Ott

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 09:00:52 pm »
Tom needs to know who's going so he can make hotel arrangements.  You only have 2 weeks.  Get signed up on here so he knows how many rooms to ask for. 

85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 07:40:28 am »
Iam In.... Jerry

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 12:23:03 am »
I talked with Don and he's going.
Tom Ott says he's going, too.
Jerry's signed up.

86FIFI

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 08:07:16 pm »
I would love to attend, I live close, so I won't be staying in the hotel, and hopefully I will have my car ready by then, but the least I can do is drive my truck and meet with you guys to check your cars out and talk Fiero.
Matt

2002 Ford F-150 5.4 Crewcab
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 2.8 4-Speed

Pennock's Build Thread
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/111183.html

Rat Pee 86

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 09:13:26 pm »
Alrighty then..........

If whoever wishes to come to DON'S BEACH BASH could post here by this coming Friday Oct 22, I can give a call to HOJO to verify room availability. I don't think we should have too much trouble getting rooms, it is "off season" for the Ga coast, and not too many "leafers" will be there to see Fall colors ;D .  So, let's get some enthusiasm going for this relaxing cuise to the coast.  I can already taste the seafood  :-* :o :) 8)

Tom Ott
(404) 660-9035

aerodonamic

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 04:19:14 am »
About the trip to Savanna  on10 29 10 we need to pick a meeting time andplace as we are coming from all different directions  We also need a head count so we can contact a motel about rooms @rates If you know a place please post it here  I sugust an exit on I75 just a ways out of the Atlanta traffic to meet  at an agreed time  Thanks  aerodonamic@att.net

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 09:01:34 am »
Though I'm not going, let me make a suggestion.  Going South on I-75, just outside the perimeter is Southlake Mall.  It's at Exit 233, which is the Morrow, Hwy 54 exit.  At the end of the ramp turn right and there's a McDonald's there. 

Tom is further down I-75 in McDonough, so he could wait at Exit 218.  That's Hwy 20.  When you exit, turn left and go out to the QT station which is in front of Tom's apartment.  Everyone could get their tanks filled and be on the same page as far as gasoline stops. 

Then if you stopped at US 441 in Dublin, which is about 100 miles from McDonough, there's a couple of stations there.  It's Exit 51.  Then it's another 100 miles to Savannah.  There's not a lot of gas stations between Dublin and Savannah. 

Rat Pee 86

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 08:03:35 pm »
  ???  :o  :-\
I hear crickets.....
as in, is anyone else planning to do the Run For the Beaches ???  Please post your intentions here on this thread so we can have a sense of what we are dealing with. Would like to know by this coming Friday, 10/22, if possible, thanks.

Tom Ott
(404) 660-9035