Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: THREADS ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING  (Read 93164 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: THREADS ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2019, 10:40:16 pm »
I didn't know it until this afternoon but there was also some activity over in the Augusta area where pgackerman lives.  Gotta check on him tomorrow. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2019, 10:41:47 pm »
He was online 12 hours ago, but yes, I hope he is OK.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 16, 2019, 07:38:16 pm »
Sad.  I went to the classic car people where I've always gone.  I was in time to see them loading up most of their stock.  It looks as if the business is closing up shop.  The place is about an hour away from me.  The car I wanted to drive was one of the first loaded up, so it was gone.  The cars are being shipped to Arizona.  I guess I could try Gateway Classic cars, now that I think of it.

On the positive side, I went to another place, where they had a GTO Judge, a Willys Coupe street rod, a Ford GT with a Westlake engine, a '65 Backdraft Cobra (this thing HAULS), several DeTomaso's, a Corsair Xanigator, and some other interesting car--but not any for which I was looking.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2019, 10:26:14 am »
Does anyone have a gasoline-powered pole saw and pressure washer that I could rent from you?  Electric is out of the question because of the distance I have to run a drop line.  I have several 100-foot lines, but the amp draw would be too high at those distances.

I'll need each for several days this week.  I checked with a local tool rental and to rent them for two days each would be equal to the purchase prices. 

I would need to pick up Sunday afternoon through Tuesday evening.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 30, 2019, 11:12:24 am »
Another option for this -- I have a gasoline powered generator, 4000 Watts peak. I don't know if that would run electric versions of your tools, though.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #230 on: March 30, 2019, 11:17:58 am »
It probably would but I don't have a saw or washer.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2019, 11:54:59 am »
I have an electric power washer. Now all you need is the saw.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #232 on: March 30, 2019, 01:59:35 pm »
My brother from Homer is coming down to do some work in the back yard.  He said he can bring a gas powered washer.  I'll be working in the front yard with the washer while he's at the back clearing and burning brush and limbs.  If it turns out he can't get the washer, I'll take you up on the generator.  Tony and Melissa have an electric washer I can get. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 30, 2019, 03:24:23 pm »
Long ago, I made a manual pole saw, using a big hacksaw blade welded to the metal thing for a shovel, and put that on the pole for getting apples.  The saw was at maybe a 30% angle from straight.  I welded a nose on the end, to keep it on the limb, and tapered the end of the blade to the nose.  It's a lot of work to cut limbs this way, but effective.  I, um, Tom Sawyered the work.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2019, 07:03:02 pm »
Someone slipped veggie dogs into the regular hotdogs.  I unsuspectingly bit into what I thought was a hot dog.  This was all arranged by the vegetarian at work, who happened to be sitting at the same table.  She said the look on my face was priceless.  I didn't spit it out, but it took hours to get that taste out of my mouth.

This particular dog had all the trimmings.  The veggie dog part tasted like moldy lettuce combined with dusty cardboard, decomposing sawdust and dirt.  The vegetarian insisted that the veggie dog tastes the same as a hot dog, only better.  Upon questioning, she admitted that she has never eaten meat.  Well, that explains why she is out sick so much.  So, she is uninformed, uneducated, and incorrect.  I wonder how she would feel, were I to disguise pork as celery, and slip it into her meal?

Vegetables are vegetables, and meat is meat.  I have no problem eating vegetables, but I DO have a problem with people trying to force nasty stuff on me, disguised as meat.  Clearly, since I had no idea that there was subterfuge in effect, the veggie dog was no suitable substitute for meat.  I was not applying any bias.   I was unpleasantly surprised.  If someone chooses not to eat meat, I'm totally fine with that--just don't force that diet on me.

After an experience like the one I had today, I am not receptive to anything vegetarian, vegan, soy, etc.  I do not care for agendas.  Had the person come to me and asked me to try something different, maybe I would have, but I'd rather it not be artificially modified to try to immitate something with which I am familiar.  In this case, perhaps the veggie dog should have been shaped and colored to match fecal matter, just so the appearance would more closely match the taste.

If it wasn't so foul, they wouldn't be trying to disguise it as something that is good.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2019, 09:48:13 pm »
We often had sweet potato pie at our holiday and family get togethers.  Mom would also make fried sweet potato, apple, or peach pies as well as the baked varieties. 

I don't remember where it was, but a pie was on the table for desert and I took a slice of that "sweet potato" pie.  Like your veggie hot dog, it was a big shock.  Turned out it was unspiced pumpkin pie.  I had never had pumpkin in my life, but because I was expecting one taste and got something entirely different, I didn't eat pumpkin pie for probably 20 years. 

Then I was offered some spiced pumpkin pie and I agreed to take a small taste.  Loved it and will eat a whole pie if given a chance.  Just tell me what I'm about to put in my mouth beforehand and I just might like it, sparing the giver some disappointment. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2019, 09:55:07 pm »
For breakfast on weekends and holidays, we usually have both milk and OJ.  Food too, but not relevant here.  Anyway, once I mistakenly took a drink of OJ, when expecting milk.  Milk with lumps is bad, so I was ready to spit it out, but realized in time.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2019, 05:49:38 pm »
Was supposed to meet up with someone for lunch at his house.  His daughter was bringing lunch.  The guy had gone Bohemian Rhapsody on himself.  His daughter got there first....

That is a nasty thing to do to someone.

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 16, 2019, 01:12:56 am »
Hey Pat,
Is all good in Texas (I know you have kin there). We have been hearing about extreme bad weather.
Life is good!

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 16, 2019, 11:15:18 am »
Hey Pat,
Is all good in Texas (I know you have kin there). We have been hearing about extreme bad weather.
I haven't heard anything from my brothers, so they must be Ok.