Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: PLEASE!!!!  (Read 17764 times)

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
PLEASE!!!!
« on: December 10, 2008, 02:11:09 pm »
I've asked everyone here to delete my email addresses (particuliarly my alltel address) from their address book. This morning before going to bed (at 3:20 AM), I checked my email as I always do. Just a quick check before going to bed. Well someone from the club sent me an email: after waiting TEN MINITES for it to download I lost my connection (as I almost always do on this LOUSY alltel/windstream connection). So I re-connected. Sit & wait. FIFTEEN MINITES later I loose my connection again. So I re-connected. Sit & wait. After a total of OVER FIFTY MINITES of waiting for this email to download, I find out it's of someone's goddamn CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!! So I'm now AN HOUR LATER GOING TO BED for f***ing NOTHING!!!  >:(
THEN, I get up this morning & check my email again. ONCE AGAIN, someone sends me an email with a LARGE FILE. Sit & wait. TEN MINITES later I get disconnected. So I re-connect. Sit & wait. THIRTEEN MINITES later I get disconnected. So I re-connect. Sit & wait. After a total of about FORTY MINITES it finaly downloads - & ONCE AGAIN it's someone sending CHRISTMAS ^%!). Gee THANKS!  :-\
If you don't recall (or didn't hear), I also am now getting SPAM because of someone here OPENING A SPAM EMAIL, & CLICKING ON A LINK IN THAT EMAIL::)
So please, PLEASE, PLEASE everyone DELETE my alltel address from all of your address books! I don't need the stress, & I have BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY TIME OTHER THAN SIT & WAIT FOR CRAP LIKE THIS TO DOWNLOAD!.
 Paul
In case you don't know, the address is ThaAngel at alltel. PLEASE DELETE IT!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:43:13 am by Fierofool »

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
Re: PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:03:15 pm »
Your post kinda shocked me, I didn't know you thought Christmas was ^%!).  Your address has been removed from my mailing list. I wouldn't want you to loose any sleep over it.

Then again, if you would have had a good internet service, you would have been able to see the show and got to enjoy it, instead of blaming the season for your bad internet service.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:31:48 pm by RobsFieros »
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:26:39 pm »
I believe he only wants his alltel address deleted. His Yahoo address can probably be left on lists, because he can preview mails before downloading attachments.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 10:39:06 pm »
Your post kinda shocked me, I didn't know you thought Christmas was ^%!).  Your address has been removed from my mailing list. I wouldn't want you to loose any sleep over it.

Then again, if you would have had a good internet service, you would have been able to see the show and got to enjoy it, instead of blaming the season for your bad internet service.

I'm sure everyone is shocked. Seems no one has a CLUE what's it's like to not have everything perfect in your life - much less not have a good ISP. Live in a house? That's nice. Have water? That's nice. Have 1 or 2 new cars? That's nice. Have close family members? That's nice. Have DSL? That's nice too.
Spending nearly an hour WITHOUT HAVING ANY CHOICE waiting for a video of someone's Christmas lights to download SHOCKED ME. If I had a choice, it would different. What if I FORCED you to sit & wait for an hour for something, when you're tired & ready to go to bed? Then do it again as soon as you get up in the morning?
I don't think Christmas is ^%!), I think being FORCED to wait for an hour to see someone's Christmas lights is pretty damn ^%!)ty, though.
And yeah at least if you use the yahoo address I can CHOOSE to NOT download any attachments.

Where the hell did I blame the season for my bad internet service???
If I had a good internet service I would not have had to put up with this ^%!) for 3 damn years! I'm working on getting DSL. I haven't gotten it sooner because the techs said #1) It wouldn't work with my operating systems, & #2) I still had to keep my phone service (& I couldn't afford both). I have now been told BOTH were WRONG, & expect to have the DSL soon. I STILL don't want the address given out, or SENT TO SPAMMERS via a spam email anyone gets, OR accuired via the many VIRUSES you can get through using MICKYSOFT operating systems &/or browsers! So PLEASE everyone delete it from your address book so this won't happen.
Thanks,
Paul

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 08:35:43 am »
I checked the addresses listed in the initial mailing, and both your email addresses were listed.  Both Yahoo and Alltel.  At sometime you gave both addresses out to someone so you could be contacted through either.  Ron, Pat and I have access as administrators to the website, and I have gone into the address book for the club and deleted your Alltel address.  You shouldn't receive anything else from the Georgia Fiero Club through your Alltel email address.

Hopefully, you will soon get DSL and a good operating system.  Not only to exchange pictures and technical information as it relates to the work you do on Fieros ,but also to receive well wishes at Christmas, New Years, your birthday, or in times of sickness and need, or at any time someone just wants to say "Hi, how are you?  Hope you're doing well" .

Merry Christmas
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 12:47:53 pm »
If you get DSL, you can use VOIP for your phone service. The only problem is that good old land line phone service still works when the power is off (it's battery operated) -- (if you have a direct connected line powered phone). If you had a battery operated DSL modem and VOIP equipment, that problem would be resolved.  But I don' t know if anybody makes them.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 01:24:57 pm »
stress much???

red2mFo

• View Profile
    • 1988 GT For Sale
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 04:54:41 pm »
This is a tough time for all of us. The last few months have placed lots of stress on us all finacially, losing work, clients, jobs, cars, houses and friends. All you need to do is mention there was a problem and Pat, Charlie or I would have taken care of it immediately. Life is short.....DSL and dial-up, broadband and dixie cups can all cause problems from time to time. Let's try and retain some decorum especially on the blog as guests can see posts and I think it would be embarrassing for someone whom we don't know see the message and expletives here.

Oh and Merry Christmas.....regardless of how much we lose in the stock market or anywhere else!
Red2MF0
For Sale: 1984 Fiero SE Red
For Sale: 1988 Fiero GT Maroon

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 05:09:47 pm »
Thanks Charlie.
I have a decent operating system. About 6 of them in fact. Alltel/windstream dosen't support the ONE system I'd LIKE to use online - Linix. My MAC is too old for their support (they require OSX & mine is 9.something). The techs have told me on several occasions that they only supported windoze XP & Vista - I don't have either & don't plan to. I won't use XP because it's SPYWARE (check it out if you don't believe me), & Vista, well, it's probably the same. Plus I have NO INTENTION of sending Gates any more of my money, after buying about EIGHT of his operating systems - each time promising that they were SAFE & STABLE (oh it's MUCH better than the LAST system we SOLD you so BUY this one!), each time LYING about it.
I just hope some day the ISPs will support linix & ALL of our operating system problems will be SOLVED (I know a guy who runs linix & he has run it CONSTANTLY for THREE YEARS without re-booting!).
I can recieve well-wishes in text form, without 3.8 MEGABYTE movies just fine.

TopNotch: Thanks but I have a cell phone supplied by my brother. I work on his cars almost exclusively & he wanted to be able to get in touch, & for me to be able to call if I break down while towing one of them.

cogcaviz24: Not so much stressed but CONSTANTLY irritated & aggravated by what it takes just to get through the day, & by crap like this. For instance, right now I'm heating the little tin side shed I call a "bathroom" so that I can take a shower. No insulation so the electric heater won't get it hot enough, so I have to use a kerosene too. That's because with using the rain water from the roof I don't have a *constant* flow of water, just a hose end that you squeeze to spray water. It gets really cold when you're wet & there's no hot water spraying next to you like with everyone else's shower.
At least I DO have a "shower"....  :D

BTW; I've had to RE-CONNECT to the internet SIX TIMES (using NINE ATTEMPTS) while writing this!!! So YES everything is aggravating....

red2mFo:
I've requested several times via email for everyone here to delete my address from their book, due to SPAM & viruses. Also here on this board: http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=41.0
Sorry for the expletives. I thought the software would censor them. I'm sure you can do so if you check the settings.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 05:23:38 pm »

Sorry for the expletives. I thought the software would censor them. I'm sure you can do so if you check the settings.

What expletives?  I don't see no ^%##()* expletives!
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

red2mFo

• View Profile
    • 1988 GT For Sale
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 09:58:38 pm »
Yeah...... wanna buy a Senate Seat in Illinois?
It has cushions?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:00:30 pm by red2mFo »
Red2MF0
For Sale: 1984 Fiero SE Red
For Sale: 1988 Fiero GT Maroon

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 10:23:41 pm »
Yeah...... wanna buy a Senate Seat in Illinois?
It has cushions?

lol, nice