Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Is this 3.8 Turbo swap known here? GA Plate, selling in NC.  (Read 15640 times)

Trinten

• View Profile
Is this 3.8 Turbo swap known here? GA Plate, selling in NC.
« on: October 16, 2012, 07:54:06 pm »
Hi Everyone,

This was brought to my attention on Craigslist - http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/3320306874.html 
I noticed it had GA plates on it. Seems like a fair amount of work was done, does it belong to a member here?
Anyone know the history of it?

Sort of vetting it for a friend who's thinking about buying it, but lives in Wilmington (so about 4.5-5 hours from where the car is).

Thanks everyone!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Is this 3.8 Turbo swap known here? GA Plate, selling in NC.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 10:48:19 pm »
It has Liberty County plates on it and I believe that's down on the coast, maybe in the area of Brunswick and the Okefenokee Swamp area.  There were several people down that way that were working on Fieros.  86FiFi was one but he sold it some time back and there was another guy in that area that was working on some version of a swap, but it wouldn't have been sitting for a while.  He had posted earlier in the year and indicated he was working on it.  I think he was in Chatham County, which is Savannah area.  Username was something like SportCoupe I think. 

It's not a very clean install.  Looks like something that might be a first effort at a conversion of this type. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Trinten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 10:55:32 pm »
Thank you sir!

I appreciate the leads and the feedback on the swap!

86FIFI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 10:18:15 pm »
I have not seen that car or know much about it. Ive been looking  around lately. Gavin with the 87 is wanting to sell his and i would love to get it. But its a little out my price range.
Matt

2002 Ford F-150 5.4 Crewcab
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 2.8 4-Speed

Pennock's Build Thread
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/111183.html

Trinten

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 10:23:07 pm »
Looks like it was sold, some more info about it over on Pennocks. Now belongs to a guy in Virginia. Thanks guys!