Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Engine Detailer  (Read 15615 times)

aerodonamic

• View Profile
Engine Detailer
« on: November 11, 2012, 11:14:01 am »
For those of you who show their cars at shows , there is a prodcut called CD2 ,it will not rot rubber hoses or your air horn ,goes on easy in spray form, I have been nursing a can for four years, good news Auto Zone has it back on the shelf @6.49 a can!!! This the best engine detailer I have ever used .

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Engine Detailer
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 04:26:43 pm »
I used that stuff for years when I was showing the 87.  It got to the point that Peter and I could only get it from the manufacturer and had to buy it by the case.  Like you said, it doesn't harm any parts of the engine.  As a substitute, I had used tire shine, but I found out that it will rot anything made of rubber. 

The CD2 Engine Detailer can be sprayed on the day before your show, left on without wiping, and on the day of the show, the engine bay and the front compartment and radiator area looks like you just brought it out of the paint booth. 

Good find, Don and thanks for the heads up that it's back at AutoZone.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

whiteandnerdy27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 09:01:58 pm »
i went to my local autozone and just like you said, they had it. so i went out and cleaned the engine up and sprayed a good dose of the CD2 on there and im letting it dry now. so far its looking good. it says on the can to mask off the alternator and wiring components and belts and so forth. did you do all of that? if not were there any adverse effects?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:25:33 pm »
I never sprayed it down around the alternator or the belts.  I spray everything else in the engine compartment including the shock towers and trunk wall.  Same up front.  Headlight assemblies, radiator and hoses, fan and shroud and motor, cowl in front of the windshield, remove the spare and spray the front storage area.  I've even used it in the fenderwells when I was taking it to a car show, but you must be careful that you don't spray it on the tread area of the wheels or on the disk brakes.  It can cause a spinout and loss of steering control and brakes. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 09:40:55 pm »
Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."