Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Engine removal document  (Read 15300 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Engine removal document
« on: October 26, 2013, 10:41:09 pm »
I've added a new document to the club's document page. It's "Removing a V6 By the Numbers", by Toddster (from Pennock's forum). It's a great resource if you need to drop your engine to work on it or replace it. And be sure to check out the other fine documents there.

The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

LostNotForgotton

• View Profile
Re: Engine removal document
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 12:00:11 pm »
I made a video on removing a Fiero engine using basic tools you'd find around your garage with the exception of the engine hoist. I even used two 4 wheel movers dollies from Harbor Freight in this video to hold the craddle because my custom built engine dolly was being used on another project. If you're looking for a visual guide this might help some. I can get an engine out of a Fiero in a little over 3 hours.

JORAMA57

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 08:33:04 pm »
 :)  WOW, WOW, WOW.

Watching this video was like watching a symphony !! Well orchestrated and perfect tuning!!! 

Seeing someone do a task like this makes me feel so mechanically inferior and wishing for a friend like you.

After watching the video I went out to the garage with a sense of security but once I removed the first bolt fear took over and wished you was here.

Thanks for the video, I will watch it over and over again until I have enough confidence to remove two bolts and then watch the video again, then three bolts and so on.

PS. Do you do house calls??

LostNotForgotton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 01:14:51 pm »