Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Back with a different Fiero  (Read 15336 times)

WV Mike

• View Profile
Back with a different Fiero
« on: June 14, 2014, 01:50:11 pm »
Hello all again. I have been gone about a year from the forum. I was working on my 84 Indy; but alas, I've given up on the Indy due to a lot more rust than I had thought it had and I don't want to mess with fixing all of the rust problems. However, I've found and bought myself an 88 Fiero to work on that is more promising. I should hopefully have it running without issues later this year or by next year worst case, and then look at making some club meeting/car shows. Here is a link to my Facebook pictures of it, which are viewable without having to have Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201915300586394&set=a.10201915297946328.1073741832.1300505785&type=3&permPage=1

I've replaced the tires, since they were rotted pretty bad, and put on my new tires that I had on the Indy. Now to catch up reading on the forum.
'88 Fiero Formula 2.8L v6

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Back with a different Fiero
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 08:20:04 pm »
OOOh! You've got a Formula.  First pic from the front I thought it was a little 88 coupe.  Beautiful.  Like that bright white paint job. 

Welcome back.  Get into the Tech section and start posting the problems you have and get some help on getting it going.  You don't have to go it alone.  That's part of what we're here for.  You need to have it ready for the September Run For The Hills.

I don't remember where you are (Greenville?) , but you can come out next month even without a car and join us for the Charity Car Show in Douglasville.  The meeting for July will be moved out there. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

WV Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:49:51 pm »
Thanks! I'm in Lexington. I'll definitely be in the Tech Section. The Fiero needs a new paint job. My Kindle makes it look much better than it is.

WV Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 11:39:20 am »
Hey Fierofool, how did you know it was a Formula from looking at it? I didn't. I thought it was just a basic Fiero. I just found out using the VIN Decoder http://gafiero.org/vin.shtml that it was a Formula.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 11:49:12 am »
The 88 model year only had 3 versions.  The base coupe which is the body style you have, the GT which was a fastback, and the Formula which shared the base coupe body.  The base coupe was only available with a 2.5 4-cylinder and the Formula was only available with a 2.8 V6.  The Formula was also only 1 of 2 Fiero models that had a spoiler as standard equipment.  The other was the 84 Indy.  It couldn't be deleted on either trim package.  It may not be, but by the photos, your spoiler appears to be an aftermarket version.  Very possible since the Fiero spoiler was a popular theft item. 

The 88 Club Courtesy Car.  Same body style.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:53:46 am by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

WV Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 12:09:19 pm »
Ok, thanks! Now I'll have to look into the spoiler.

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 05:08:09 am »
Welcome back! 
Fyi, pgackerman and i meet in and around Augusta once a month, because Atlanta is on the other side of the state.....   please join us.  We could just as easily meet in aiken?
Ron
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

WV Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 05:22:48 am »
Thanks! Augusta or Aiken sounds good.