Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 3.4 engine  (Read 15462 times)

kanga

• View Profile
3.4 engine
« on: August 14, 2014, 08:46:34 pm »
Is there any interest in a 3.4 engine out of a Cameo? From my understanding it has less than 80k miles on it. It was installed on the '88 Formula I bought a few months ago from a member here. I was originally going to trade it to a guy who was going to make me some 3800 motor mounts but he seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. I want to continue with this swap , if I can sell it I guess I'll just order some. I honestly don't know what a fair value for this is so feel free to make an offer.
Thanks, Dylan.

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
Re: 3.4 engine
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 11:52:56 pm »
Is it currently in the car & running? Are you sure it's a 3.4 (did you check the numbers)?
I might be interested, & I can make the mounts you need if you have templates/patterns or can bring me the car & engine/trans.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

kanga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 10:15:03 pm »
The engine was running fine in the car. Last weekend I started to remove it and plan on finishing up this weekend. I got the car from Joe (slow burn) a few months ago. The car was originally owned by Paul who I guess runs fierosails.com and 2 members of the group Don and Asby installed it. I haven't had a chance to attend a meeting yet so I don't know any of them. Joe told me when I got the car that a lot of the members knew of it. I'm assuming since you are a Sr member you know some of if not all the names I've said. So long story short I haven't completely removed the engine so I can't check the numbers yet but I can either tomorrow or Sunday whenever I get enough time to finish the removal.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 12:06:28 am »
I definitely know the car. It is, indeed, supposed to be a 3.4.
You can tell by looking at the side of the block. There should be a large "F" cast into the side.

aerodonamic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 08:07:02 pm »
High my name is aerodon on the net , I installed that engine way back when and it was a very low milage  engine from a stolen & recovered Camaro. 80,000 sounds about right for milage. The car had set for apx. 5yrs. when Joe bought it. IT is good to see it going back into service, the 3600 is a very good swap good luck on your project.