Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Club picnic / October meeting  (Read 21242 times)

Tinkerbell

Club picnic / October meeting
« on: September 15, 2014, 11:32:32 am »
OCTOBER 11 MEETING ONLY!
LOCATION MOVED TO HAMPTON, GEORGIA FOR THE ANNUAL GEORGIA FIEROS COOKOUT.
EVERYONE IS INVITED WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE A MEMBER.
PLEASE EMAIL GEORGIAFIEROCLUB@GMAIL.COM  SUBJECT:  COOKOUT DIRECTIONS  TO GET DIRECTIONS TO THE COOKOUT LOCATION AND TO ADVISE OF HOW MANY PERSONS IN YOUR PARTY AND WHAT DISH(ES) YOU WILL BRING.

As discussed at the meeting this past weekend, the annual club picnic will be held at our house again this year.  This will take the place of the meeting at the Galaxy Diner on October 11th.  We didn't discuss a time, but I'm thinking that everyone can start arriving around 11am if that works for everyone. 

The club will once again furnish the hamburgers and hot dogs, and if everyone would bring something with them, that would be great.  Shannon and I will furnish the drinks (we'll have several choices of soda (both diet and regular), sweet and unsweet tea and bottled water). We will also buy the ketchup, mustard, mayo relish and onions and utensils.

I'd like everyone would please post here and let us know if you'll be attending, as well as what you will be bringing.  That will give me a headcount for how much meat to buy, as well as let us know what else we'll need or want based on what everyone is bringing. 

I'd rather not put our address on here, so as you reply that you're attending, I'll PM you our address.   

For those of you who didn't come last year, we live on a lake and have a dock out back, so feel free to bring your fishing poles and bait :).  My son has caught some decent fish in the past.  Also, please bring chairs to sit in.  We have a few chairs out back, but not nearly enough for everyone. 

AND.....Neither Shannon nor I cook on a grill, although we do have one (gas), so just like last year, someone is going to have to step up and volunteer to be the cook :).

Here are some ideas of what people brought last year:

Chips/dip
Cookies
Cake
Potato Salad
Macaroni Salad
Cole Slaw
Baked Beans
Mac & Cheese
Fruit/Veggie tray
Hot dog/hamburger buns

Here's our running list of who will attend and what we will have:

Hamburgers/Hot dogs - furnished by the club
Patty & Shannon (and possibly 4 guests) - Soda, tea, water, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, onions, utensils
Charlie & hopefully Melanie - Crockpot of chili (and blue canopy for shade)
Tim & Nancy - Big salad and dressings (and 10x10 canopy and a few chairs)
Ron & Susan (and 4 guests) - Baked beans and a dessert
Roger & Brenda - hot dog and hamburger buns, chips/dip, macaroni salad
Ron Scantlin (f85gtron) plus wife and 2 children - dessert
Don & Darrel - key lime pie, drinks

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:25:52 pm by Tinkerbell »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Club picnic / October meeting
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:42:43 pm »
I plan to be there.  I don't know if Melanie will be able to make it, but if possible, she'll be there, too. 

We can bring the blue canopy for shade and I'll also bring another crockpot of Mel's Famous Chili. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 02:51:40 pm »
I plan to be there.  I don't know if Melanie will be able to make it, but if possible, she'll be there, too. 

We can bring the blue canopy for shade and I'll also bring another crockpot of Mel's Famous Chili.

Great, thank you!  Hopefully she will be ok to make it, as well :).

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 08:53:56 am »
Ms. Chevelle and I will be there.  She says she will bring a big salad and dressings.

I will bring my 10ft x 10ft canopy and a couple of lawn chairs.

FGTB
Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 01:34:38 pm »
I plan on attending, I have no idea what to bring.

Just curious to know if anyone let the Diner know that we wont be there that Saturday?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 09:36:45 pm »
Scott, pick something from the list above. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 09:56:01 pm »
Have y'all ever considered a meeting or Fiero Foray at the Blue Willow Inn or somewhere east of Atlanta?  All you can eat, infinite desserts.

Just asking...

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 11:50:49 pm »
I've been to the Blue Willow twice.  Once with family and once with our church.  I just wasn't impressed with it, especially when compared to the cost.

We have met on several occasions at the Hooters on Washington Road, though.  And several times in North Augusta and Aiken and even a couple times in Columbia. 

Why don't you guys drive over here for the October cookout and we'll reciprocate with a meet out your way?

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 09:43:30 pm »
I was hoping to meet halfway.  Otherwise someone is spending 5 hours in a Fiero.

How about:
Yesterday Cafe
120 Fairplay St
Rutledge, GA 30663

Right next to Hard Labor Creek State Park.  The buttermilk pie is worth the trip by itself.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 09:48:11 pm »
Make that two Fieros. Because if we're making the trip, i want to compare mine too!  Ooh, and add a couple more hours for SCMIKE. He may want to get in on the act. Sound like his is almost back together.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 11:52:17 pm »
CowsPatoot and Firefly drive 5 hours each way from north of Charlotte each month to attend the meetings.  Ron768 drives in 5 hours from Huntsville each month.  Mike and Terry Benson drive in 3 1/2 hrs. from Murphy, NC.  Who wants to take a short drive when you're in a Fiero?  From Augusta to Hampton is only a 2 1/2 hr. drive. 

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 07:03:33 am »
I completely understand 5hrs from North Charlotte.... 3hrs to Atlanta, but 2hrs trying to negotiate inner vs outer loop (stupid, but genius at the same time way to name 485), insane charlatan drivers, and unnecessary bottlenecks (mm30+ 77....well, anything 77 and concord construction).  I'd rather run the "Watermelon 500" (285 atl) than drive through Charlotte on a weekday.
I'm not complaining.....I'm just sayin'
Ron

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 08:00:39 am »
Yeah, I think they're up around Mooresville or Statesville.  Getting to regular meetings over here at the east side at I-85 and 285 isn't so bad unless there may happen to be a weekend accident.  I have to go into Atlanta this morning, near I-285 and Ga. 400, a distance of 35 miles from my home.  I just saw the traffic report and the indicators are Red for 20 miles of that drive.  A semi and car accident on I-285 just past my destination. 

I looked at Google and from Augusta to Atlanta Motor Speedway, which is just down the road from the cookout, taking I-20 to Conyers, then Ga. 20 down through McDonough to US 19/41 is 2.5 hrs.  Staying Interstate all the way to the South side of I-285 then US 19/41 adds 15 minutes. 

There's a great little BBQ place just south of I-20 on Hwy 22.  Kind of a family owned antiques museum.  Trucks, tractors, cannons, fire trucks, etc.  Maybe we could drive down one weekend and meet you all over that way, but we'd still love to have you all join us for our cookout. 

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 01:01:46 pm »
You're probably referencing Heavy's in Crawfordville. Exit 148 I20. That's where sweet home Alabama was filmed.

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 02:26:51 pm »
Susan and I will be there with baked beans and a dessert.
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.