Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: GEORGIA FIERO CLUB MEMBERSHIP  (Read 22063 times)

f85gtron

• View Profile
Re: GEORGIA FIERO CLUB MEMBERSHIP
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 04:41:41 am »
Pg-(gum shoe)-Ackerman and I have chased and tracked down a many fiero owners in our day....including former Ga Fieros members. Except in rare cases, they just don't want to be bothered and just want to be left alone. I don't understand it at all. It's almost like an affliction, where they are in denial, then ashamed......I don't get it.....or maybe it's the stalking and chasing down part and the encounter in the parking lot thing that's got them bothered......hmm.
Although it hasn't resulted in New members, it definitely generates a lot of exposure is our regular attendance at coffee and cars. We're a regular fixture there and we field a lot of questions while we're there.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 05:48:06 am »
> Edit to say that I've never watched NIFE's webcast so I don't know how the meetings are conducted.  Whether it's interactive with everyone viewing, or if they are just a spectator.  It might work for us if viewers were only spectators.

NIFE gets 30+ in attendance and others watching all over the country/world.  They broadcast from a library.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 07:07:39 am »
the real issue is the 12 guests who are watching now, they remain in the shadows, unwilling to communicate with us or participate in the club ideas or activities. these people are either ashamed of being associated with fieros or they are not fiero fanatics and just keep the cars as investments hoping they will be worth something someday. maybe if we had Georgia fiero club shirts and hats in the club merchandise they might order something to show they are fanatics. I just don`t get it, you go out of your way  to spend the money to get these cars running, but you don`t take pride in your cars and come for a few hours and let us see fieros. I guess its like someone said you have the wife, the kids, your chores, you just don`t have time to enjoy yourself with your fiero.
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 07:21:23 am »
My wife thinks of my Fiero as "the other woman".
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 10:39:57 am »
my wife thinks of the fiero as an evil devil.  ha ha the devil made me do it. at the first xmas party I drove my 85gt and my wife drove herself in her car.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 11:28:09 am »
My wife thinks of my Fiero as "the other woman".

Well, in a sense, she's a very good wife.  She's not into threesomes.  :)
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 01:14:13 pm »
6 guests online , sign-in and ask anything you want to know about the club you`re welcome, come on down.

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 06:55:12 pm »
10 guests online sign-in its free. tell us what you would like to see in a fiero club. come on down

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 09:06:38 pm »
For anyone looking in that's not registered, you can use our Survey username and password.  No profanity, please.

The user name is SURVEY
The password is ANONYMOUS

Log in and tell us what you'd like to see and why you don't or won't attend meetings or events. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2015, 12:07:00 am »
I don`t understand how all you guests check in with us everyday and never get any closer than being a onlooker . wouldn`t you like to meet us and put a face to our club names. if you would just come once to the galaxy diner you could have a good lunch they have a large variety on their menu and really cater to car clubs.  we`re very informal and pull together as many tables as we need. we just sit down and start talking about fieros and just about anything else you want to talk about. when we`re just about done eating we have business part of the meeting which doesn`t take to long. afterwards when we had a lot of people and fieros show up we would move how to the parking lot and check out all the cars and try to fix problems that anyone might have with their cars. sometimes parts swapping and parts buying goes on but mostly we`re just enjoying the cars and each other. the meeting usually starts at 1:30 pm, a lot of people used to come early and afterwards you can stay as long as you want and leave whenever you want. I can`t believe that all of you out there can invest time and money in fieros and not want to spend a few hours a month showing off your pride and joy with people who understand your passion. I know I`m dying to get another fiero, its been too long since my last one, as soon as I can free up some space and money I`m be finding my next love! I can`t wait to pull up to the galaxy diner in a fiero and see the parking lot full of fieros and a lot of happy faces, ihope you`ll be there.

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 02:45:37 am »
well its 2:13 am in the morning and theres 11 guests on line, don`t you guys ever sleep? well as long as you`re on here and you`re not going to become one of the few why don`t you check out some of the RUN FOR THE HILLS VIDEOS , it will give you a idea of what your missing. its pretty exciting stuff when you`re actually there. I remember my first time, the run starts and every so often you stop for a break, well when we hit that first break I was weak, dizzy, sick to my stomach and out of breath. I spent the whole break slumped over in my car. but at the same time it was exciting driving a car on those hilly, curvy road in a car that was made to challenge those kind of roads and if you never pushed your fiero in anything but a straight line you can`t imagine how good it fields to hug those curves, down shift and sometimes have to use the brakes to save it.  fast drivers in the front, a little more cautious drivers next, slower drivers after that and tourist after that. try to stay somewhere near the speed limit and definitely do not touch the yellow line. there are state troopers stationed every so often and most of them will let you get away with a little excess but you never know. its fun to run in a long line of fieros you just kind of find a comfortable pace and spot in the line and have fun. I wish I could be there this year its my mothers 90th birthday that weekend and I`ll be in florida. maybe if its not against the club rules we could get fierofool to put the rules and regulation sheet on here that they give the drivers on the day of the run so you can get idea of whats involved. doesn`t matter where you`re in the line its not a race you just drive what feels comfortable to you and your passenger if you bring one.  I got to hit the sack !

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2015, 06:28:45 am »
It occurs to me that some of the guests might be "spambots" trolling for email addresses.
As of now (6:30 AM) there are 11 guests and 2 users.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 08:46:34 am »
I've thought of that possibility, too.  That and the fact that we do have some people in other parts of the world who are registered or look in.

Donster looking in from all those horrible places he has to go in Europe.  Proff from down Australia way.  There was one in Washington State and another in the Vancouver area that I used to correspond with.  I know they looked, but didn't register.  I can only recall one instance, and that was in the last month or so, that I have ever seen no one other than myself looking at the forum.  There were no users and 1 guest.  Me.  It only lasted long enough for me to look at a post and when I went back to Home, there were guests, aside from myself.

It might be possible that they are harvesting phone numbers, too, as well as email addresses.  I think that maybe the way the board is set up, requiring login to see a member's email address, that the only thing retrievable are those that we actually post without encrypting our email like email "at" foruum "dot" com or phone numbers Won Too 3-Fore 5 Six-7 Ate 9 Zero. 

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2015, 01:40:44 pm »
isn`t there some way to tell if it is really a guest or a spambot? I guess I`m wasting my time telling everybody to come on down. I guess maybe we need to up security to make it harder for people to get on the website. if people want to visit us they will have to work at it.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 02:59:26 pm »
Pretty sure that everything is "read only" by default. No real reason to limit access. As long as our email addys are only visible to registered users, the spambots can't really do any harm.
Not to "bring you down", but keep in mind that the Fiero is a "niche" vehicle. On top of that, it now belongs to an orphan brand. Not that that will make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, but it's something to think about.

I do hope that others pop in and join us, but there are not a lot of Fiero folks. 
I would compare us to the Corvair folks. We're a loyal bunch, but not in large numbers.