Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: need a cpuple things  (Read 15694 times)

jeffwilson34

• View Profile
need a cpuple things
« on: September 21, 2015, 02:27:56 am »
I need a couple things, checking to see if anyone has them and their asking price.

1st.   The strips used for a luggage rack on cars without the spoiler.  I need the strips and attaching screws/nuts/washers/seals ect.....

2nd.  An OEM style radio from a Pontiac cause of the orange lights that I really like I want one of the higher end ones with the EQ and cassette.   I have saw a couple with Cassette and CD's both but I think they came from newer cars.  The ones I have saw were in a Grand Prix and a Firebird.

3rd.  Steering wheel like in the GT, with a round horn button

4th  Turn signal cam with the horn button, I also need springs and other hardware that goes in the turn signal cam I think it is 2 small springs and 2 small metal strips. (I think I can get the cam at autozone but not the horn button)

5th   Headliner for the 86se   right now it has nothing but bare fiberglass. so I need any special mounting hardware that is needed to install it if there is any.

Message me back or email jeffilson34@hotmail.com if you have any of the above for sale and your price plus shipping to the 37877 zip code
\

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: need a cpuple things
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 12:25:51 pm »
1.  The luggage rack was specific to the Fiero.  Strips from others won't match up in length or mounting attachments.  That's because the spacing has to clear the reinforcement ribs underneath the lid.  The only source is from another Fiero.  Once you locate them, I can help you source the well nuts needed to attach it to the deck lid. 

2.  I have an OEM radio with volume and tune knobs, equalizer and cassette player.  $20 and shipping.

4.  Turn signal cam and springs are available at Advance.  They're shown in the side bar in the link below.  Dorman products.  Most parts stores carry the Dorman line.  The horn ring is used on many GM vehicles.  It's not listed for the Fiero but the S10 uses it.  The white one is for tilt columns, the green for non-tilt.  http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-help-turn-signal-cam-83232/17190463-P# I know it says it won't fit a Fiero, but it does.  I have two in use at the present time.

5.  The fiberglass headliner board is common to all Fieros.  The only variation is with or without sunroof and the later model with the 3rd brake light.  The fabric to cover the fiberglass board can be found at Hancock Fabrics.  Almost a perfect match for the stock color, and it's really really cheap.  Cracked boards can be taped on the upper side with Duct Tape or Gorilla Tape to keep sections together, then using a bristle brush, lightly brush all the loose material off the surface where the fabric glues to.  It takes less than 2 yards of fabric to completely do a headliner.  There's no special mounting hardware except on the sunroof models, there's a welting that presses into a body groove to hold the edges of the fabric.  That welting is available at The Fiero Store.  They also have an ABS headliner that can be installed as is or with fabric.  Removing the side trim, especially along the A-pillar is touchy.  The tabs built onto the back can be easily broken off, if not careful. 

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 12:52:11 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

jeffwilson34

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 01:55:11 am »
1.  The luggage rack was specific to the Fiero.  Strips from others won't match up in length or mounting attachments.  That's because the spacing has to clear the reinforcement ribs underneath the lid.  The only source is from another Fiero.  Once you locate them, I can help you source the well nuts needed to attach it to the deck lid. 

2.  I have an OEM radio with volume and tune knobs, equalizer and cassette player.  $20 and shipping.

4.  Turn signal cam and springs are available at Advance.  They're shown in the side bar in the link below.  Dorman products.  Most parts stores carry the Dorman line.  The horn ring is used on many GM vehicles.  It's not listed for the Fiero but the S10 uses it.  The white one is for tilt columns, the green for non-tilt.  http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-help-turn-signal-cam-83232/17190463-P# I know it says it won't fit a Fiero, but it does.  I have two in use at the present time.

5.  The fiberglass headliner board is common to all Fieros.  The only variation is with or without sunroof and the later model with the 3rd brake light.  The fabric to cover the fiberglass board can be found at Hancock Fabrics.  Almost a perfect match for the stock color, and it's really really cheap.  Cracked boards can be taped on the upper side with Duct Tape or Gorilla Tape to keep sections together, then using a bristle brush, lightly brush all the loose material off the surface where the fabric glues to.  It takes less than 2 yards of fabric to completely do a headliner.  There's no special mounting hardware except on the sunroof models, there's a welting that presses into a body groove to hold the edges of the fabric.  That welting is available at The Fiero Store.  They also have an ABS headliner that can be installed as is or with fabric.  Removing the side trim, especially along the A-pillar is touchy.  The tabs built onto the back can be easily broken off, if not careful.

thanks for the info.
Do you have an estimate for shipping the radio?  The zip is 37877
It is for a Pontiac correct?  I have always loved the orange dash and instrument lights on Pontiac's
The one in it now all works except the display that shows time and station.   I can hold a flashlight to it and read it to set the presets but would rather have a working one.

The radio is the only thing for the GT   The rest of the stuff in for the SE that is not being driven at the moment
I went to move it yesterday and a starter bolt broke off.
IT will be a few weeks for I can fool with it anymore.
I think that car hates me.    The sad thing is when it is running it has a higher top end speed than the V6 GT.
It may take it 5 times as long to get up there but when it does I can coach 125 to 130 from it  but the V6 would be hitting the limiter at 120 ith the tach past the 8000 redline.
\

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 09:39:49 am »
Shipping would probably be under $20.  Now, this is a stock Fiero radio.  Not an upgrade to the later model Pontiac radio. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

jeffwilson34

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 01:08:02 pm »
that is fine for now, as long as it has orange lighting.    The one in my SE has orange except for a green display ehich drives me crazy.   A newer one would be nice but honestly I never listen to CDs I use my Iphone and an FM transmitter

\

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 09:43:40 pm »
... The one in my SE has orange except for a green display ehich drives me crazy.   A newer one would be nice but honestly I never listen to CDs I use my Iphone and an FM transmitter

All of the Fiero radios (except for maybe the 84?) had orange backlighting, with blue clock display.
In order to get the orange clock display, you're going to have to go to a ~90 or so Pontiac radio.

An alternative is the Retrosound Newport.
http://www.amazon.com/RetroSound-NEW-261-661-662-Newport-Black-Direct-Fit/dp/B00TE3ZXU6/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1443058861&sr=8-15&keywords=retrosound
It's expensive as hell, but it looks like it belongs, and it has iPod control through a built in USB port.
The big advantage is that, to someone looking in the window, it looks like a "base" Fiero radio. Or maybe a cassette. Less likely to be stolen.

Edit - I think this is the one you want, based upon the application list. The display color is switchable.
http://www.amazon.com/RetroSound-NEW-261-660-Newport-Black-Direct-Fit/dp/B00TE3ZZT0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1443059191&sr=1-3-fkmr0&keywords=retrosound+newport+1988
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 09:49:35 pm by Raydar »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 10:24:07 pm »
OUCH!  That is expensive.  But it would probably be a good theft deterrent.  Plain-Jane looking. 

Jeff, aren't you in the Knoxville area?  There's a pullapart off Highway 11.  I got a newer Pontiac radio with cassette player, 6 station presets on each of 2 FM and 1 AM band.  Slider base and treble control. Orange/red display and control illumination.  I bought this radio at pullapart for under $20.

With this adapter
http://replacementradios.com/gm-wiring-adapter-89-20-pin-radio-to-pre-89-12-pin-car-rs-gmwa-1862-a3-p-166.html

you can hook up any of the Bonneville or Grand Prix radios of the mid 90's into the early 2000's.  They are all 1.5 DIN.  Some of them even have both cassette and CD and some are 8 speaker capable, bluetooth, MP3 and all that other good stuff.  Look at all the Pontiacs of that era. 

It's been so long since I've had an original radio in my cr I don't remember what the color of the display is, but I wouldn't want to sell you the same thing you have. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:27:33 pm by Fierofool »