Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Why is "slammed" getting slammed on pff?  (Read 15572 times)

f85gtron

• View Profile
Why is "slammed" getting slammed on pff?
« on: October 31, 2016, 01:55:12 pm »
I'm curious why "slammed" is getting slammed on Pennocks?  I try to get through the garbage to see what's what, but I can't make heads or tails of it. I like the direction of most of her projects and am glad that she's running through some of the concepts. What gives?
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Why is "slammed" getting slammed on pff?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 03:58:41 pm »
There were a lot of threads.  If you really want to know, read the tail light lenses threads.  You may want to search all threads in the Mall and General by the usename Slammed.  Read about the tail light covers, and then look at the current status of that project.  Then look at the thread about Fiero stuff all the time.  Then the one about quarter windows, then the one about the dash.  Read about the current status of each of those products, in current threads.

Sometimes, despite the best of intentions, and the most beautiful dreams, the reality is hard to achieve. Some people may have been overanxious, while others may have gotten ahead of themself.  There were some issues with payment/product receipt, and with deadlines.  Communication was poor.  There were delays and frustrations.  Slammed suffered personal setbacks.

The tail light lenses are apparently a sensitive subject.  Also, running a business that deals with Fiero owners can be difficult.  As with any business, there's a financial outlay that may or may not be recouped.  There's the communication, the shipping, the production, the financing, etc.  Putting all this together can be difficult.  If things fall apart in one area, it's hard to hold everything else togerher.

Perhaps worst of all was the proximity and familiarity with another person who purportedly has a bad rep on PFF.  Perhaps there were some personality conflicts.  Then the usual suspects (people like me, I suppose) put in their 2 cents, and things went downhill.

I agree about the direction.  Those who have received product seem to have generally been happy with the product itself.

This view is unique to me, and may be worth less than you paid for it.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 04:01:26 pm »
I think mostly it had to do with the promise of replacement GT tail light lenses.  There was a lot of promises for pictures that took a long time to materialize, deliveries that didn't arrive, accusations of faked tracking numbers, and I think some delays in getting refunds by some who bought.  Raydar bought a set and they look very good.  He got in early, I think. 

Some on PFF were strong in their beliefs that She was really a He that had ripped off people in the past.  I don't believe She ever took anyone's money in advance of production and invested Her own money, just as She's doing with Her current projects.  I have emailed with Her a number of times during the lens prototyping, and I do believe it's a woman, who is really a motor/gearhead. 

She was employed by a plastics forming company, so she seemed to have considerable background in what she's doing.  At least that is the impression I got. 

You can read some of the goings-on in this thread:   http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096136.html
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 09:43:30 pm »
I really can't comment one what's being posted now. I haven't read any of the threads since yesterday. Today was, in two words or less, "a heller".

Without going back and reading all of the links posted here... (and this jumps in, in the middle of the "history".)

An offer was made to produce tail light lens covers, that are designed to "re-skin" the original GT tail lights.
The "first batch" of buyers (including myself) all received USPS tracking numbers. The tracking numbers all continued to show "shipping label printed" with no forward progress beyond that. (The story is that everything was shipped and the Post Office lost ALL of the shipments.) After a "prudent" amount of time, all the purchasers filed disputes/claims with Paypal. Right as the claims were going to come due, we all received FedEx tracking numbers and received our lens covers. This, 5-6 weeks after the initial payment.
(The story with the lens covers is that the laser cutter (?) failed, and everything had to be cut manually, causing huge delays and quality issues. My lens covers are going to require some manual trimming. Something I'm willing to deal with.)
With that said, the lens covers are really nice. I still haven't installed them, however. Way down the list of priorities.
This is ALL the personal experience I have.

The back story is that there were some people who believed that Slammed was the same person as two previous incarnations. "RideZeLightning" and "FriendOfYours", who both ended up taking money and partially (or not at all) delivering on goods and/or services.
The common thread (in my opinion) with all of these "persons" is that the person seemed to start out with good intentions, but just bit off more than they could chew, and failed. 
There's more to it than that. Lots of personal connections between ALL of these individuals. Strange that it would all be a coincidence.

With all of that said, I think Slammed has some good ideas, and I hope that (s)he succeeds.
But, until a reputation is earned, and a bunch of satisfied customers speak up, there is no way in hell that I'd buy anything that didn't include some sort of purchase protection.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:51:48 pm by Raydar »

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 06:15:13 am »
From what I've seen so far, slammed needs to not interject once the idea post is created and just let the usual suspects (because it's always the same 3 or four) hang themselves with their own comments. It's painful to watch her respond on emotion and run full-speed into a brick wall of arm-chair commentary. Train wreck.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 11:23:37 am »
Unless I've missed something, they seem to be leaving her alone, lately.
I really want to see her succeed. She brings some good things and ideas to the community.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 05:20:18 pm »
The whole thing with a handful of people in her threard on PFF showed PFF at its worst, and really got me down.  But as a result, I'm here, and things have been better.

I was very curious to see her approach to tail lights.

I was really hoping for quarter windows, too.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:18:52 pm by tshark »

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 07:47:45 pm »
The whole thing with a handful of people in hher threard on PFF showed PFF at its worst, and really got me down.  But as a result, I'm here, and things have been better.

I was very curious to see her approach to tail lights.

I was really hoping for quarter windows, too.

I don't know if you were there for the "other vendor" that she was being (rightly or wrongly) associated with. I watched it all unfold, years ago. It was pretty ugly. 

With that said, I'm glad you are here, too. We are (obviously) a much smaller group than Pennocks, and a generally much closer group of friends.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 11:10:53 pm »
I came after the other vendors, but saw the entire Slammed drama unfold, including the accusations.  I've been on the side where everyone seems to be against you, calling you names, banning you, deleting your threads, etc.  Within the last week, in fact.  Even if Slammed is associated with someone disreputable, I think that there is hope.  We don't have to agree, buy from each other, or read/post in any thread.  Sometimes, our emotions get the best of us.

Thanks, Raydar.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:18:08 pm by tshark »

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 06:41:19 pm »
HI !
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!