Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: For Sale---88 Lil Duke Coupe---SOLD  (Read 18372 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
For Sale---88 Lil Duke Coupe---SOLD
« on: March 14, 2017, 02:54:07 pm »
SOLD The club has decided to sell the Club Courtesy Car due to lack of use.  This is a 2 owner car.  It was originally a base coupe with no options whatsoever.  It has had the following upgrades.

It got a new water pump shortly after I got it.
I replaced the valve cover gasket with a FelPro gasket to stop the oil leak.  No oil drips.
87GT seats, but the driver's side cloth is starting to tear on the outside bolsters.
Standard column replaced with tilt column.
Two speed wipers replaced with variable speed wipers.
AM/FM mono radio replaced with late model Pontiac cassette radio with equalizer.
B-pillar speakers installed.  Front speakers replaced.
Fresh brake pads, front and rear.
All ball joints and tie rod ends replaced.  Rodney Dickman
Steering rack was replaced with a low mileage donated rack.
Aligned using the string method.  May need a commercial alignment.
Equipped with American Racing Estrella wheels.
New centercaps just purchased.
Bridgestone Potenza tires.  Nearly new.
Fuel injector and all sensors replaced.
Dual seal MR2 piston installed in the stock clutch slave.
Alternator replaced.
Headlight motors rebuilt.
Battery replaced.
Headliner replaced.

Equipped with a 5-speed Isuzu transmission. 

Has a spare ECM, purchased as part of a troubleshooting process. 

Paint and clear coat are badly faded.  There is no damage whatsoever to any of the body panels.

Car did not have AC when new, but has a dealer installed aftermarket system.  AC clutch does not engage.

We would prefer that this car stay within the Fiero community.  We discourage buying it just to make a profit on it. 

Car has about 170,000 miles on it.  A Georgia/Alabama car.  No rust or underbody damage.

$2000

CURRENT PICTURES ON PAGE 2. SOLD[/color]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 09:23:35 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale---88 Lil Duke Coupe
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 07:06:48 pm »
Of course, everyone down there knows what this car looks like, but for everyone else:

Other pics here.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 07:09:43 pm by tshark »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 08:03:09 pm »
No, not that good.  It was still wet from the wash.  I'll take some pictures and post them.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 08:08:25 pm »
True, but all the bad pics are in the linked page.  Having recently read what seemed like thousands of posts on here, it really helps to have pics.  Lots of links are dead, so even some images that used to work no longer do.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:06:53 pm by tshark »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:42:00 pm »
Images using our image poster are all still here.  Some off-site hosts require logging into our board to see the pictures, for some reason.  The link doesn't show, otherwise.  I looked on the PC for some pics but I guess Windows 10 decided I didn't need them.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 09:07:40 pm »
Images using our image poster are all still here.  Some off-site hosts require logging into our board to see the pictures, for some reason.

On Apache, the web browser is assigned to a particular user, often apache.  When you browse as that user, you have permissions that world (anonymous) does not have.  This works great when on the host itself, but when viewing from another host, not so much.  When you log in, you change users on the server side, in addition to other viewing permissions.  I suspect that your user on this site changes to apache when you log in, and the remote hosts run as apache, or something similar.  Also, PHP has an option (as does your browser) to allow or deny cross-domain processes.  In the apache virtual host, options can be set to control this behavior on a directory level, or via user, or by IP.  If the remote host is running IIS, then yeah, results could be interesting going to apache, depending on how the IIS site was configured.  Then too, there are web servers other than apache and IIS,  I'm not familiar enough with most of them to comment.

On this site, the link does not show if it's determined to be blank.  If the quest was able to edit, the img tag wouldn't show.  It'd be like creating an img open and close tag with no content, saving, then editing.  The img tag would be gone, only the guest can't edit.  The img tag is blank, because there are no permissions.

I'm just guessing, here.  I know nothing of how this site is set up, and only suspect a LAMP stack.  This is just similar to something I dealt with previously.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 10:33:06 pm »
Some posters host their pictures on Photobucket. They are notorious for disappearing photos.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 11:32:06 pm »
Yes, lots of the images were hosted there.  I've never used Photobucket, so am not familiar with their hosting.  Of course, all craigslist were gone.

There were others hosted on private sites, like keinlen, or whatever Donster's last name is.  Some are on google, and require you to log in.

I don't like jumping through hoops.

Anyway, I hope this car goes to a good home.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:05:05 pm by tshark »

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 02:26:45 pm »

"Car did not have AC when new, but has a dealer installed aftermarket system.  AC clutch does not engage."

Any idea how much $$$ it would cost to have the A/C clutch repaired?
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 02:48:29 pm »
According to a PFF member, my go-to AC guy, the compressors are still being manufactured, so a clutch or whole compressor is probably easily obtainable.  He said the compressor is very popular on the Isuzu cab-over box trucks because of it's compact size.  The case can be clocked in a number of positions for various vehicle applications. 

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 04:45:22 pm »
Check to make sure you get +12 on one side of the clutch connector and that the other wire goes to ground. The clutch does not 'see' a frame or chassis ground.
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 05:38:31 pm »
This was the answer I got from him when I asked for help in identifying the compressor.

Hi Charlie,

It sounds like you have a Sanden SD508. These were used on all kinds of cars, including the DeLorean. Applying 12V to the clutch coil should get it to engage, just like the Fiero compressors. If not, the coil may have an open wire inside and need to be replaced.

At this point, given the age of the system, you're probably better off replacing the compressor itself.

If you want to fix the compressor, the pulley just comes off with the clutch, and you'll need to replace the coil. Also similar to DA6/HR6 replacement. Check coil resistance before replacing, it should be 2.8 to 4.4 ohms. You can find the coils on ebay for $30ish

I found a video going over this process, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJR1NGoMI7M

Sanden Compressor Service Manual:

http://www.buyautoparts.com...or_service_guide.pdf

Since the system is empty, it's also a good time to replace the accumulator and orifice tube (or more likely the dryer and expansion valve, given it's an aftermarket system).

Good luck!

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 11:17:19 am »

In terms of dollars, how much will the entire A/C repair cost?

Only looking for a guestimate to the nearest hundred.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 11:58:54 am »
If you do the work yourself, maybe around $200 or so (assuming you need a new compressor and get one from Ebay). If you have a shop do it, much more.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 12:54:10 pm »
The compressor will be the real expense. (My HR6 compressor was $280.)
My accumulator was ~$30 and the orifice tube was like $4.

It's kind of labor intensive to flush completely, however. Mine was a pain in the posterior.
Since the Duke has an add-on system, I would expect it to be a little easier to flush (assuming that's even needed) since it's not "embedded" in the car, but added on.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:27:37 pm by Raydar »