Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Taking A Break  (Read 19876 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Taking A Break
« on: April 17, 2017, 11:32:51 pm »
I'm going to be taking a little break for about a week to relax and rest.  If anyone needs me for anything, email or call my cell phone.  I may not see personal messages posted on the forum. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Taking A Break
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 11:38:09 pm »
I hope to visit some day, and find you strong and healthy.  I've noticed that you seemed to be struggling a bit, lately, but then you made sunrise services for Easter, so I figured all was OK.

Prayers and best wishes headed your way.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 06:52:26 pm »
When we're out of our office, this is what happens:

It took most of the day to clean this up.  Actually, this was after some cleanup had been done.  I didn't get a picture of the door.

Drewbdo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 09:33:52 am »
^^ WOW!  :o  ;D lol

Almost makes you not want to miss a day at work. ;)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 06:49:44 pm »
Yeah...The CEO was gone for a month, and came back to find his office full (to the ceiling) of those sticky plastic peanuts.  The CFO's office was filled with smashed soda cans, and basically trash.

When one of the girls got married to a guy with the last name of Miller, her office was filled with empty boxes of Miller, lost of women's underclothings, various creams, and some other things.  Two other girls are currently pregnant.  6 weeks will give someone a lot of time.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 05:44:41 pm »
All week I kept my eyes open for another Fiero and never saw one.  But I think I found a future Fiero driver.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 05:47:28 pm »
T. looks great!  Grandpa is rubbing off on her.

You drove your Fiero?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 05:49:37 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 08:27:33 pm »
Nah!  With everything I had to take there wouldn't be room for a driver.  That's my Ford Truck in the background.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 08:29:48 pm »
How did you manage the tanks for Melanie?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 09:04:04 pm »
The truck is ideal for our needs.  With the factory bed liner, there are 3 places to insert 2 x 4's for the purpose of making a second level inside the bed.  It has a hard cover so everything's protected from the weather.  The power chair is carried on that lift gate you can see at the rear.  The 2 x 4 at the front is spaced just far enough from the front of the bed to cradle a large oxygen bottle.  That's where we place the ones we use for local travel.  Two of the smaller bottles, each about 30" tall, fit under each side of the rear seat.  We get about 6 hours on one of the large bottles and about 4.5 hours on 2 of the smaller bottles.  So, just with those, we can get about 15 hours.  Then add another 4.5 hours for the two bottles in her hand cart, and another 6 in the extra large tank I took along. 

I also requested a 12 Liter LOX tank be delivered to our home before we left.  That will provide several days of continuous oxygen.  That was placed in the rear seat.  We used that one to get up there and back.  We also took along 2 10-Liter concentators that we used at the resort, plus the oxygen company delivered another large bottle and 12 small bottles to the resort for our stay.

I designed and had a mount made that carries her pull cart on her power chair.  That way I don't have to run along behind her towing the cart and sharing her oxygen with her. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 09:10:34 pm »
That way I don't have to run along behind her towing the cart and sharing her oxygen with her. 

You crack me up.  The mental image of you huffing and puffing, jogging along beside her, swapping the oxygen back and forth struck me as funny for some reason.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 09:21:16 pm »
Welcome home. I'm happy that y'all had a good time. I saw some of the pics that Mel posted, elsewhere. Beautiful place.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 09:31:15 pm »
She had a bit of a rough time.  Got sick twice from eating seafood, then caught her left little toe on a chair leg and re-positioned it to a 90 degree angle from her other toes.  When I pushed it back in place, it was like crushing a hand full of potato chips. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 09:35:31 pm »
Ouch!  Is it good to go, or was a doc visit required for the toe?  No more kicking chairs into place--or at least use the big toe.

Seafood isn't my friend, either.

At least she was enjoying herself in the pic above.

Oh.  Was the trip restful?

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 09:36:54 pm »
Ouch.
I saw that comment on FB, about her toe.
I was going to make a comment about her getting "toe up", but thought better of it. I hope she recovers quickly.