Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Got Brakes ?  (Read 15355 times)

GTXVette

• View Profile
Got Brakes ?
« on: December 10, 2017, 09:37:25 am »
 So I have this Fiero.................
      I have a Box full of corvette Calipers 84-85,  some early 90's.
      I have a Stack Of Vette Rotors 84- 90's
 I know you can put the vette rotors on Fiero hubs, but haven't done that and the same with Calipers.
 Is there a better spindle to use or to get a larger bearing / Simply and cheep.  What Hub. how about an  S-10 dropped spindle.
  It appears i have most of the Componets.

On the engine side;   the head gasket's are Fel Pro can't find a number , .120 thick MLS  I belive the one that is damaged had some gasket overhang into the cyl. this seems to me a point where cyl. pressure could get behind the lip and blow out the Gasket. not sure. never saw a gasket blow out this way like pressure got between the layers and then blew the outer edge like you stuch a pick in the edge and pulled a horseshoe loop into it. but anyway can't find it in catalog. I belive it was a 3.620ish bore but i think the bores are more like 3.720's so who has an Extra? they say they can be reused but I want 2 new please   If you get a minute see if you can find the number Thanks all. Yea I know They Ain't Cheap.

f85gtron

• View Profile
Re: Got Brakes ?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:44:18 am »
Pics of the gasket please. Go to a machine shop and ask for a gasket for bored over. Measure the cylinder diameter before you go. Get for turbo application or high compression.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: Got Brakes ?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 05:34:15 pm »
 the gasket turned out to be a Stack of 3 gaskets, two regular appearing .040" thick, and another Copper gasket sandwiched between. Oh well, If I ever meet the engine builder I'll ask.
the flat around the Piston (Dished) is .010 down the hole so I will go with a good Felpro believing I can Manage Boost.not sure what the CC's of the dish are at this point but I think the other builder was Over compensating with .120" thick gasket.

still want to talk to someone that know's the Vette rotor/caliper deal.