Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Drewbdo still around?  (Read 14220 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Drewbdo still around?
« on: April 19, 2018, 08:27:18 pm »
I haven't seen him post for a while.

Drewbdo

• View Profile
Re: Drewbdo still around?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 12:59:49 pm »
Today is the first time I've been on in months.  ;)

Just busy with "part-time" DJ business, plus full-time "real job" corporate day job, plus family, plus a non-running '88 Fiero GT.  :'(

It would not keep a charge, and kept stranding me when I would go for a drive. Parked it in the driveway last fall, after it died and had to be jumped started twice on a >20 mile trip. Actually, the second guy who jump started it followed me home, and helped me push the car up the last 20' of the driveway after it died a THIRD time pulling into the driveway.  :o

There it sat the rest of the fall, all winter, and until about two weeks ago.

I finally broke down then, and had the car towed to a local rod-restoration shop. I know the mechanic, and knew he'd treat me right. I also knew he knows more than "plug Diagnostic Computer into Diagnostic Port A, reset computer, install misc parts, bill client...;)

A few days later, he had it running... loose grounding connector and a bad wire in the wiring harness leading to the alternator. He relocated the grounding connector and ran new wires, replaced the bad wire in the Alternator pigtail, and did a few other things.

I drove it home with no problems. It has sat since then, due to schedule. Hope to drive it soon.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Drewbdo still around?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 06:06:59 pm »
Glad you're still around.  Yeah, get your Fiero out.  Maybe on the 19th.