Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Miss you guys  (Read 14374 times)

f85gtron

• View Profile
Miss you guys
« on: November 10, 2018, 06:37:41 pm »
Have you ever realized, a little too late, that you had a good thing going after you’ve already gone?  Well, I’m comparing oranges to peaches and I miss the club like crazy. The club here just isn’t the same and probably won’t ever be. I don’t want to discount the efforts and legitimacy of the club here, but they just don’t have the same vibe as GFC. To be fare, I’ve only attended one meeting, but I’m debating on whether I’ll attend another. It just wasn’t the same. They have zero online presence.
Ron
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Miss you guys
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 07:23:16 pm »
I'll remind you that life is about choices and compromise.

Each club has a different vibe.  The addition or loss of a person can change that vibe.  They could be thinking that you are just the dynamic they need to change their vibe.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 08:08:57 pm »
You have been absent here for a while.  We would welcome your online presence again. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 09:59:34 am »
Fierofool,
I’ve been absent from everything everywhere for a while!  I’m just starting to be able to tread water again!  This has been the most difficult move I’ve made. NOTHING has been easy.
Gtrs Fiero,
Excellent point. Maybe I’m looking at it wrongly.
Thanks for the pep-talk!
Ron

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 09:18:07 am »
I am curious how many people show up for their meetings, how far (time-wise) it is for you to get to a meeting, and about the age distribution of the members.

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 05:31:27 pm »
The last (first) meeting I had attended had 9, including myself. There where 3 other balding, middle-aged nutters, such as myself, and the rest had already completed the transition into a more “experienced” stage of life. Does that help paint a clearer picture of the demographics of their club?  I’d say it’s about like ours. They discussed the need to attract a younger audience and where concerned about the growing age of the majority of members. It’s about an hour for me from work, 30mins from home to attend. I’m planning to attend this Thursday, if the warden grants me time served.
Ron

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 05:56:14 pm »
I’d say it’s about like ours. They discussed the need ...

Ah...

Well, just today, I read an article about the millenials not having much money.  Perhaps working 2 hours a week at McD's on the crew line doesn't generate much income.  Anyway, young people apparently don't want to get their license, drive, or own a car.  Most seem to barely be able to fuel up their car without help.  Fiero ownership and maintenance may be a stretch.

Who you callin' middle-aged?   :D  I met a middle-aged guy and a young guy at the diner.  ;)

At least this group is close to you.  There are 9 Fiero groups within 9 hours' drive me of which I'm aware.  Unfortunately, that is one way, and the closest is 5 hours away.  There are younger members at some.  NIFE has some people who appear to be in their 30's.  The other clubs also have some younger members.  I guess it all comes down to what you want in a group, how much patience you have to wait for it, and how much energy you are willing to put into getting it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 10:45:08 am by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 10:45:39 am »
Did you go to another meeting?

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 08:01:30 am »
Yes. That was my last one. Something is a little “off”. Don’t know what it is, but I’m not going to be a part of it. Thanks ga club for setting my expectations too high!  I’ll never find another club :(
Ron

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 08:16:39 am »
I'm sorry it did not work out.  It is disappointing, not having a local club with which to do things.