Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Buzz got clipped!  (Read 15060 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Buzz got clipped!
« on: August 12, 2009, 04:08:29 pm »
On the way home from work Monday, a pickup truck passed me very close and clipped my driver-side mirror. It's at a strange angle now, and I can't see behind me in it. The metal where it attaches to the door is bent, so I recon I have an excuse now to put on those other doors I have, with the power windows. Hopefully, I can get it all done before the next RFTH trial, because driving Buzz is just more fun than driving Old Red (stick vs automatic). But at least Old Red has vented rotors on all 4 wheels now, so I won't have Charlie's problem (smokin' brakes).
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Buzz got clipped!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:55:20 pm »
Did you get his description or anything?  He didn't get the door, I take it.  If you need the plastic pop rivet gun, or rivets, let me know.  I think I have some rivets left. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Buzz got clipped!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:14:42 am »
No damage to the car except the mirror housing itself (and I have another one), and the door where it attaches. I have a plastic rivet gun (if I can find it), but no rivets. I was thinking of using fender liner push-in rivets (I have plenty of those), but the pop rivets would probably be better.
I didn't get any info about the truck. It was on 85, and he disappeared pretty fast in the afternoon traffic.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.