Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Covid-19 Daily Status Report For Georgia  (Read 20975 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Covid-19 Daily Status Report For Georgia
« on: April 07, 2020, 11:34:25 am »
For our Georgia members.  This website might give you some idea of how dangerous it is to venture out where the numbers are high.  It might also show the effects of staying in where the numbers are low. 

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

scottb

• View Profile
Re: Covid-19 Daily Status Report For Georgia
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 03:55:26 pm »
Have been checking that daily for a couple of weeks now..... you aint gonna find me inside 285 for a looooooonnnnnnggggggg time

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 03:58:41 pm »
I have a doctor's appointment at Northside Hospital on May 5.  I'm going to call her and see if she can't just review my labs and call me. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 01:18:40 am »
I was back and forth to Brookhaven (which is just inside 285) over the last few weeks with no apparent problems. Time will tell.
 There are just so many people in those counties right in Atlanta that the numbers of infections will be higher. Its nice driving with no traffic 

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 12:15:38 pm »
I may pack up and go to our lake house, it seems like there are no cases there......

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 12:22:27 pm »
That's an interesting link. Thanks for sharing.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 02:15:19 pm »
Bob, a lot of areas are asking that people not migrate to some of the more isolated areas.  They say it's taxing the stores of the area that aren't used to handling the volume and they are running short or even running out of supplies and foodstuffs. 

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 02:19:03 pm »
Looking at the numbers for Clarke County, it was just made public that Pruit Nursing Facilities in Athens-Clarke County had 10 Covid-19 deaths in 1 facility that they did not report.  The current report shows only 9 deaths in that county. 

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 04:27:15 pm »
There are only 9,000 people in the county, so its not like people are tripping over each other.  On the down side, there is only one grocery store, hardware store, drug store and the only hospital that was in town closed.  But at least there is a helipad on the sub-division grounds and a fire department (volunteer).

fiero128

• Giday from Aussie land
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkesburyhydrogen.com
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 06:29:40 am »
Looking at the numbers for Clarke County, it was just made public that Pruit Nursing Facilities in Athens-Clarke County had 10 Covid-19 deaths in 1 facility that they did not report.  The current report shows only 9 deaths in that county.
If the death is after a vaccine or before they will say its from COVID.
Here in Australia the government is saying all deaths are as a result of COVID but some are either a heart attack  from Pfizer vaccine ,this enlarges the heart and interferes with the nervous system around the brain ,  Blood clots from AstraZeneca in rare cases and not the Australian government is thinking of brining in Moderna  vaccine
Hawkesbury Hydrogen
More Km perTank
saving money
ABN 98866913657
+61412119530
+61448119310
+61245672275

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2021, 07:49:32 am »
Three or four weeks ago, some major hospitals revealed that many of the Covid deaths they reported at the beginning weren't caused by Covid, but were reported as so in order to receive government provided equipment and funding. 

As with any medicine, they are made from various chemicals.  Some people have reactions to those chemicals and some don't.  There's no way of knowing what percentage of the population or who will have a reaction to the various formulations of the three major vaccine manufacturers.  One spouse may be OK with a particular vaccine and the other spouse may have a fatal reaction.  One just has to weigh whether they not vaccinate and possibly languish in a hospital until death, or die quickly from a vaccine reaction.  Penecillin has saved untold numbers of lives, but it has also caused the death of a few.  Penecillin saved my life when I was 6, but I have a bad reaction to it now and can't take it. 

PK

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2021, 09:28:22 am »
There may be many deaths reported as covid related that are not.

There are/will be many deaths that are not reported as covid related but are.  All the resources diverted due to covid... away from "normal" research/screening/operations/treatments/GP visits etc etc.

All of the vaccines will have their adverse events.  The whole point of the clinical trials is to determine what percentage of the population will have benefit/adverse events by studying an appropriate sample size of people from that population. 

I was a senior statistician for a few pharmaceutical companies and used to design/analyse such trials as a job.  I do not miss it.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2021, 09:44:31 am »
I am absolutely certain that many entities, on both sides of the situation, are juggling the stats in order to suit their agendas. Some on a relatively small scale, in terms of percentage, and some on a fairly grand scale. What I don't get is why people can't just leave other people the eff alone, about their choices to vaccinate or not. One person, here, a couple of months ago, went so far as to call people who got the vaccine "sheep". So yeah... I'm a little bit "prickly". (My choice was made after an abundance of reading and research, and watching what happened to other people.)
Unfortunately, I have no choice but to continue to interact with this person, lest I become the "bad guy". 

PK

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 11:12:48 am »
The only stats with any credibility are those from the clinical trials and regulated.  Unfortunately alot of the other gumph is as you say, manipulated to make someone's point...or even worse...some people just genuinely don't get it!!!

Sadly even the choice to vaccinate (or not) is not straight forward.  The decision will have a direct impact on other people in a way that is not so with a treatment for an independent illness such as cancer....if you don't take a cancer treatment the illness stays with you... no one else is "contaminated".  Not so with this virus.  So people have a right to choose for sure but they should then realise that they may need to adjust their behaviour so that their decision does not have a detrimental impact on others...and this is where lots of people run out of processing power. (◠‿◕)

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2021, 12:11:46 pm »
This all really comes down to one thing. Personal Choice. Both options have their risks and benefits. You just have to decide what is best for your situation as an individual. Research, learn, and decide what is best for your specific situation and stand by your decision!

That's just one of the many things that is great about the U.SA. We have an abundance of personal choice :)