Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Run For The Hills #16  (Read 65564 times)

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
Re: Run For The Hills #16
« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2011, 12:27:36 am »
650 miles on a completely untested install.  Only three issues that came up were the kickdown cable adjustment (that is expected, I guess), the brake dust shields scraping the rotors (I feel foolish for making so much noise on the run for something so simple), and someone following me said it was running rich (I will have to check that out).  Overall, I couldn't be happier with the weekend.

Some pics:

We met up with Trinten in Statesville and drove down together

Tall peaks on the horizon is always a good thing

From the balcony Friday night...excuse the filth on the car, if we didn't have time to test drive it, when would we find time to wash it?

Trinten is caught checking out the Dragon

Saturday morning, we walked out of the room to find this:

Getting ready for the drivers meeting

The lineup

And we are on the road...

Lunchtime

You never know what will show up on the camera when you let Fierfly take pics

Figured it was only fair to throw in a pic of myself (talking with carnut122)

Don, say Cheese!

Wandering back out with full stomachs

Back on the road

Ahh yes...the after-dinner cigar

First gas stop

Fierfly discovers that it is tough to take pics while cornering

Don prepares for the raffle

On the way home, we decided to take the Blue Ridge Parkway back up to Wilkesboro

Taken from the peak of Mount Mitchell...highest point east of the Mississippi...6684 feet

and then the fog rolled in

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:30:55 am by CowsPatoot »

HarryT

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2011, 01:49:49 am »
Charlie;
Your instructions were spot on.  It was the lead car that led others astray.  I followed him on the first error even though Karin told me we should turn.  We were the fifth car after that and when the lead car passed Wigington road we turned and and the rest followed us.  We stopped and waited for the rest of the cars.  We were then in third position.  On the third missed turn at Warwoman we turned and waited for the rest of the cars in our pack and finished the run in the lead.  It made for an interesting run as we were continually following different cars and not looking at the same tail lights for the whole trip.
We will become members in the next few days, so if you do plan another short run we will be there.
Again, thanks for letting us participate.
Harry and Karin
PS  Thank you CowsPatoot for the pictures, you got a few good ones of "The Little Black Car" for us.  I hope you don' t mind that I copied them to my computer.
87  Black GT (The Little Black Car)
2009 Honda CR-V
X 2002  40' Allegro Bus X Traded
2008 Thor Four Winds Siesta 25SA
Retired Mechanic

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2011, 06:00:00 pm »
Harry, You can lead next time! :p
It was nice meeting you both. Thanks for coming out to play.
I only led (a small group) for a little while, therefore I was only afforded the opportunity to miss one turn (Warwoman) and I realized it as soon as it happened. When we turned around and came back, there were about 30 bikers, all pointing the correct way for us. :D

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2011, 10:37:18 pm »
I think that either Image 3618 or 3634 might make a great back cover for the club calendar... if you don't mind us using one of them, could you send me high-res originals of both, please?

No guarantee either will be use, but I'd like to play around with the layout, etc.

Really cool shots!

Thanks,

FieroGTB   (My e-mail is in the profiles section)
Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 20, 2011, 07:20:51 am »
Harry, it was great meeting you..All the guys from florida it was great meeting you...  Greg great pic's....

aerodonamic

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2011, 10:31:18 am »
I had a great time good to see some old faces again Weather turned out beautiful also. Leading was a totatly new experince .I found that setting the pace is a little harder than just following at a safe distance !I missed the turn from 107/28 as I was flying low and the sign was to high on the pole . I also had a novice navigator . Actualy I have been known to gat lost in a round room!!!!! All in all great fun great pics. And a rerun in Oct. sounds like a plan. Many thanks Charley for all his hard work in making #16 a success!!!!

Duchess

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2011, 11:10:50 am »
Fabulous pictures Greg & Sharon!!!!!!!

In regards of our sponsors: I would suggest  that we print a

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2011, 11:25:04 am »
Fabulous pictures Greg & Sharon!!!!!!!

In regards of our sponsors: I would suggest  that we print a
Life is good!

88_4mula

« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2011, 12:03:32 pm »
Did we get any pictures of the winners of the raffle?
I had requested that we get some pictures because a couple of the donors requested them.

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2011, 12:47:46 pm »
I had requested that we get some pictures because a couple of the donors requested them.

All winners were photographed receiving their prizes...Don has a copy of them.

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2011, 01:04:53 pm »

I've got the pics, I'll send you a link later on so you can just download them, they're a bit too large to even compress and send out via email

\D
Life is good!

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2011, 02:37:19 pm »

Only video we got of the run this year.  Those of you that were there know why there is music covering up the sound.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2011, 06:56:27 pm »
Great video!
I like the soundtrack too.

Trinten

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2011, 04:52:29 pm »
Hi everyone! I figured I'd go ahead and join up here, too... mostly because it seems there are at least a handful of people that do not frequent other Fiero forums. ;)

So I figured my first post would be on the first things I've been able to do with the group! (yes it's a repost from another forum).

Originally posted by Raydar:

Overheard:

"I just burned my hand."
"I told you to watch the header."
"Yeah. I watched it burn my hand."

Fortunately it (apparently) wasn't serious.

Thankfully I had some cold water in the car to pour on it. It looked really ugly, and I had to keep it out of direct sunlight the whole ride home, or it hurt. I still have a mark from it, my medical-field-relatives told me it was probably going to scar, but that doesn't look like it'll be the case. Thank you Neosporin!

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Small fix. I'm glad my jack was used but not by me

Thank you Alex, that might have been the difference between no break-downs and one breakdown. I really appreciate it. And a thank you to WhoDeanie for spotting it and helping me get it temporarily fixed.

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Definitely not about HP. Was fun pushing Trinten's 450 HP v8 thru the curves with the stock Duke/auto.

Yeah... RFTH reminded me why I like going fast.... in a straight line. A few of the corners, even with my new sticky tires, I felt and heard the tires coming loose. One turn in particular, I was pacing the car in front of me, and saw how quickly he went into a turn without his breaks, so I figured "Okay, no problem." ... yeah, about 1/3 into the turn, I felt the back end start to "skip" sideways and the wheels chirp. I knew hitting the brakes would likely be a *very bad* idea, so I just eased up off the gas.

I also apologize to anyone I scared when doing my "rolling starts". I wasn't taking my speed into consideration and was using second when I should have been using 3rd, or 4th.

Overall, I had a great time, and am not opposed to going again in the future. Though I think I might take up the last position....  :) Who knows, now that my swaybars are (mostly) back together, that might make a difference in the corners next year.

It was great meeting you all, definitely had some interesting conversations, and saw some really impressive Fieros and some really nice mods... which I am debating on copying... just to be upfront about it.  ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2011, 06:05:40 pm »
Come on back this Saturday and we'll do it again, along with some sightseeing.  Bring Greg and Chris with you.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers