Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: The Warrior Project  (Read 70054 times)

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
Re: The Warrior Project
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2015, 11:00:41 am »
I have a pair of wing gaskets that I will bring to the meeting today.
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2015, 12:54:17 pm »
Status of the Warrior Project Car as of June 15.

Rear brake calipers are on the way to Augusta.  One from AutoZone and one from Orielly.  Same brand, just that each parts store carries only 1 side. 

Ron Robinson has provided an oil pressure sender tube.

Ron Scantlin will install the calipers and oil pressure sender tube when the car arrives in Augusta.

Eagle Paint and Body of Grovetown, Ga. will be providing a paint job for the car.  Georgia Fieros will need to provide the fasteners to reattach body trim.  Those are available through The Fiero Store.

The target date for delivery is August 1.  We plan to do it at the Cars and Coffee event that day, and hopefully will do it at the end of the show. 

Augusta Warrior Project will have local TV and Newspaper coverage.

The members present at the June 13 business meeting voted to hand over the car to the recipient with no requirements other than they sign an agreement that they will keep the car for a minimum of 2 years.  If they no longer want the car, Georgia Fiero members and associate members will have first option to purchase it. 

I will go to Powder Springs with Roger's tow dolly, bring the car to Scott's home in Cumming and he has volunteered to carry the car to Augusta on his trailer.  I will be going with him Thursday, June 18.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2015, 12:23:43 pm »
Where is the car going Thursday?  Eagle P&B or Ron's?

Or first to Eagle and then to Ron's?

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2015, 08:22:12 pm »
I need to call Eagle tomorrow to see if there's time to take it to Ron's first.  I'll let you know. 

It isn't running well at the moment.  I picked up a new CTS and will try to get it installed tomorrow and install the new cowling and washer hoses. 

There almost wasn't a Warrior Project car.  On the way back, I hit some rough pavement out in the Six Flags area and the car began whipping at about 65 mph.  This is the 2nd Fiero I've ever pulled with the rear on the dolly.  Both times nearly wrecked me.  From now on, I don't plan to pull any automatics on a tow dolly.  Manuals, I can pull with nose up at any speed I want and most any pavement conditions. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2015, 10:19:00 pm »
Drag it to eagle first. I've got only one caliper on hand (from O'Reilly) and have yet to pickup the other one. I'm anticipating a full plate on Thursday, so i may not even be able to meet you at eagle.  Paul has his hands full too, so who knows how this will turn out?!  I've got a fiero-nest made up on my side of the garage, so it's got a home when it arrives. I'm warming up my wrenches as we speak. I've gotten yelled at because Charlie shipped the part to my house and my wife thought I was spending more money on that d#mn car again!  Glad I got that out of the way..... :)
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2015, 05:57:54 pm »
I've now got both calipers in my possession......just need a car to put them on ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2015, 07:42:44 pm »
We should have it there sometime around the noon hour, tomorrow. 

The car has developed a flooding condition.  I purchased a new Coolant Temperature Sensor and a deepwell socket to change it out.  It improved a little, but still won't idle.  You have to press the accelerator all the way to the "Clear Flood Mode" to get it to start.  I looked at the funky accelerator pedal but couldn't determine what was wrong with it.

The broken ashtray door has been replaced and I had to repair another part of the gear selector indicator in order to get the door to open and close.  It's working properly, now

I ran it around the subdivision to see if I could get it working a little better and it didn't help, but I discovered a suspension rattle in the right front.  Hope we didn't leave something loose.  I've been working on the car all day between showers and I've gone as far as I can go with it. 

The deepwell socket has been placed in the front compartment to be used as a lug wrench on the wheels.  The special Torx bit we purchased for the brake calipers is also in the car and will go to the new owner.  Washer hoses have been replaced and the new front cowl cover has been installed.  We probably should purchase new wiper blades before turning it over.  The ones on the car are dry and hard. 

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2015, 09:33:10 pm »
Probably stuck injectors. Seafoam in the tank should free then up.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2015, 02:16:44 pm »
The car is delivered to Eagle Paint and Body.  ScottB and i dropped it off and met pgackerman there.  May have picked up a new Fiero owner in that one of the employees had an Indy that was in need of some restoration.  Anyway, here's a few pictures of the arrival.

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2015, 04:57:10 am »
I went to eagle paint and body Friday to check out the work that had to be done and was surprised to see that they had already taken off the front hood, bumper, rear bumper and had sanded most of the car! 
I snapped some photos of the oil leak and you guys tell me what you think. To me, looks like the tube is bent, slightly creased, and might have a visible hole up towards the sensor mount.

I didn't go with tools, do I didn't do any real work, other than to size up the task at hand. :(
1) Needs door pins/bushings.....drivers door catches on the sail panel.
2) needs oil sender tube installed
3) needs flooding condition addressed
4) needs rear calipers installed

I attempted to read the ecm to check the mat sensor against the cts, but I lost the resistor I took with me to jump the ALDL to get data started.....and the battery was under 8 volts, so i don't think anything would have gotten accomplished anyway.
Fyi, there is a VERY scary big dog that lunges and barks every time I moved. The leash is frayed... it would be wise to pack a ham sandwich before doing any work over there!
Ron
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:36:01 am by f85gtron »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2015, 08:25:38 am »
I think your assessment is good.  I feel a little relieved of the responsibility of causing the oil leak, though I obviously made it worse.  It looks like it has been there for a while.  Hope the tube isn't too difficult to get out and in. 

Low battery voltage may be caused by their trying to crank it without pressing the accelerator all the way to the floor. 

Should you visit again, take some habañero powder with you and sprinkle on the wheels.  Don't want the dog coming around, and hiking his leg on them. 

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2015, 10:01:02 am »
I agree. Pic #2 shows 2 apparent anomalies near the block for the sensor. Great pix btw.
Will this area be pressured washed before the body panels are remounted?

Thank you all for all of your hard work! You know who you are  8)
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2015, 10:45:58 pm »

Did you guys give me the oil tube?

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2015, 11:23:23 pm »
It was in the left side of the trunk on top of the polished fire extinguisher.  I believe it was left in the car. 

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2015, 12:33:49 pm »
I'll check the car again next time I drop by. Its got taillights and hardware piled up in the trunk already. I've got to remember to sprinkle myself with habanero dust so I don't become dinner.