Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE, ANYONE?  (Read 26190 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE, ANYONE?
« on: January 11, 2015, 01:00:42 pm »
I've been asked to explore other venues for a St. Patrick's Day Parade.  Aside from the Atlanta and Savannah parades, the only other parade in Georgia is the Dublin Parade.  They have festivities beginning March 1 and ending March 31, but their 2015 parade will be held on March 21. 

Dublin is just outside Macon on I-16 toward Savannah.  From the Galaxy Diner, travel is about 150 miles and about 2 1/2 hours.  Travel time would be about the same for most of our West Side club members.  East Side members might want to travel down through Madison and Milledgeville using US 441, and travel time for us would be a bit less. 

I've sent an inquiry about the club entering and the cutoff date for entry.  I need a solid commitment to participate so that I know if it's worthwhile to submit an entry.  Maybe our Augusta folk can join us on this one, being about a 2 hour drive coming down through Wrens, Louisville and Wrightsville. 

As our Atlanta participants know, the interior of the car is really unimportant since viewers are kept at the curb and minor blemishes and imperfections can be covered with streamers and decorations. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
Re: ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE, ANYONE?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 07:28:03 pm »
Sounds Good To Me
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 11:26:36 pm »
They have replied to my email and ask that I give them a call. 

Again, anyone interested?

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 03:59:57 pm »
I could enter 2 cars if a driver for one could be supplied.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 04:58:05 pm »
I spoke with people from Dublin, this morning.  They would be pleased to have us in their parade.  Information and entry forms are on their way. 

Because of other activities on the morning of the parade, theirs doesn't kick off until 11AM, so we would not have to arise any earlier than we did for the Atlanta parade.  Leave Atlanta around 8 and get there around 10-10:30.  Their vendors are centrally located so there's lots of food close by.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 10:12:31 pm »
I've been to the Dublin Parade.  Had a great time.  Lots of crafts - the quilted car cover was my favorite - and TONS of food. 
I'd like to go again.  Be nice having a place to sit.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 08:16:07 pm »
I have the application form for the parade.  I was just talking with Ronzrx11 and if the club enters, we will pay the entry fee.  There is a requirement that the vehicles be decorated in a St. Patrick's theme.  We generally purchase static cling shamrocks and decorations at the dollar stores and plaster the cars with them, along with green paper mache streamers and balloons.  These decorations help to camouflage minor imperfections.  If you can, try to find some green Saran or stretch wrap to cover headlights with. 

TopNotch can provide 2 cars.  Ron said that he'll see if Susan will drive TopNotch's second car and there will be Ron's and my cars.  AeroDon said he will also go. 

I would like to issue a personal invitation to CowsPatoot, pgackerman, f85gtron, metalblue85gt, scottb, Redraif, and Raydar to join us.

Any others reading this are welcome, too.  I need to have a definite YES not later than March 1 so that I can get the application submitted and accepted.  Based upon my correspondence with the people in Dublin, I'm very sure we will be accepted.

I would also like to have two young ladies to walk ahead of us carrying the club banner.  Paul, how about your girls.  The wife could go along and make it a full family day.  Or maybe one of your girls and Ron's daughter. 

Club members, you were all in a tizzy when we were no longer accepted by the Atlanta parade and you wanted another.  Here it is, so come on and get with it. 

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 10:42:48 am »
I will be there and Susan said she xan drive Pat's other car. How many more will be there?
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 12:34:54 pm »
Updated Feb. 18.  We have:

Ron R.--1
Pat S.--2
Charlie S.--1
Don H.--1
Randy M.--1
Ray S.--1
Ron S.--1?
Paul A.--1?

Any other readers want to join us, you're welcome. Just let us know by March 1.  If you aren't registered with the forum, email us at
GeorgiaFieroClub@Gmail.Com
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:46:30 pm by Fierofool »

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 06:49:37 am »
I'm out.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 09:48:33 pm »
You know, this is the same day as the Fitzgerald Wild Chicken Festival...

...it's a big deal in Fitzgerald.

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 09:06:58 am »
The Dublin parade shouldn't take too long.  At the end of the parade we could just cluck 'n strut on down 441 and get to the Fitzgerald event.  Think there would be any chicken plucking events still going on?  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENJxl-THS8
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:09:18 am by Fierofool »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 04:27:59 pm »
We currently have 7 vehicles.  We still need two young ladies to carry our club banner for us, otherwise we have nothing to let the spectators know who we are.  Paul, your youngest and Ron, maybe your daughter?

Dollar Tree has already put the static cling shamrocks and other items out for sale.  We must have our cars decorated for the parade.  Go grab several packages so we can cover our cars when we get there.  If you can't find them at Dollar Tree, try some of the other Dollar stores or Walmart, but Dollar Tree has always had them every year. 

Again, if anyone can find some green Saran Wrap, grab several rolls and let us know on here or maybe if some of the shamrocks in the static cling kits are large enough, we could cut them down to the size to cover headlights. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:48:26 pm by Fierofool »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 07:44:08 pm »
While I've been away from the house, Brother Ray has been busy collecting stuff for decorating the cars for the parade.  He's found some big rolls of green transparent wrap to cover our headlights.  It may take several layers to make it look green when the lights are on.  He has also found some stick on wiggle eyeballs 6 inch in diameter that can be stuck to the headlight and some static cling shamrocks small enough to decorate the headlights of other cars.

For any who want to pick up some decorations, Michaels, Hobby Lobby and again most of the Dollar stores have items.  We need some rolls of papernache ribbons if someone would get 5 or 6 rolls.  Any decorations you buy, we can have the club reimburse you.  Just keep the receipt to give the Treasurer.   

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 08:19:08 pm »
Be Sure To Save Your Receipt For Reimbursement.
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!