Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Has anyone seen your Fiero today?  (Read 39381 times)

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone seen your Fiero today?
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2019, 07:31:37 pm »

While pulling into Kroger a guy in a truck yelled, "Nice!"

While pumping gas a young guy walks by and tells me, "That's a beautiful car. "
He had trouble believing it's an '88 Pontiac.  "That's a Pontiac?", he asked twice.

BTW, 24 mpg rounded down.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2019, 11:02:51 am »

Yesterday, while filling up, the attendant had to check my car out.  Popped the deck and hood.  Showed off the interior.

Told him to check out the Club.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2019, 06:39:57 pm »
Well, I hope he does.  Maybe he'll buy a Fiero.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2019, 08:35:50 pm »
During the RFTH 24 Scouting Run, I was waiting on Pat to arrive at our starting point.  A guy came out of the RaceTrac and complimented the car.  Then at our first gas stop in South Carolina another dude commented on it and that there was another one over on the other side of the station just like it. 

As we pulled into our lunch stop, a man was standing outside the restaurant and he started up a conversation about the cars.  Asking about the years, etc.  Our waiter, a young man, actually knew what they were and asked if it was OK to take a picture of them. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2019, 09:37:42 pm »
I was just talking with a guy about my Fiero.  I took him for a short ride.  He drives a camry, so I went through a small curve at speed, then put him back is his seat a bit.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2019, 11:22:08 pm »
Friday I went up to Scott's shop and on my way back I stopped at the Krispy Kreme store at Mall of Georgia.  As I was about to leave a young man came running out of the store.  He wanted to know if I had a moment to tell him about the car.  He knew a little about Fieros, but had always wanted one.  Most of all, he wanted to know how they handled.  He's interested in driving his Subaru with us (might have been a Legacy).  He was so interested that he ran out of the store and left his order.  The clerk brought it out to him. 

As we finished our coversation I turned to get back in and a lady on the other side said she thought that was a really neat and pretty car.  She asked questions about the year and make and was impressed by it's condition. 

Saturday as Pat, Scott and I were having lunch, there were several people who parked near us really gave the cars a good looking over.  As we got back into commerce after sitting in a long line of I-85 traffic, we stopped to let the cars cool down a bit.  Another young man who drove a Toyota MR2 came over to talk with us.  He's also interested.  I believe he said his dad had owned one when he was just a little kid so he didn't remember much about them. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2019, 11:26:00 pm »
Did you ask the MR2 guy to run RFTH?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2019, 11:36:10 pm »
Yes we did and gave him a club card to contact us.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2019, 10:38:41 pm »
We had stopped at a restaurant.  Through the window, we watched a couple thoroughly check out my Fiero, then come into the redtaurant.  As we were leaving, the couple stopped me, and asked a lot of questions.  They have an '85 GT with a luggage rack.  Purchased 30 years ago, but recently broke the clutch cable, so parked since then.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2019, 11:43:09 pm »
Clutch cable?
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2019, 11:44:15 pm »
Probably either the shift or select cable.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2019, 11:45:50 pm »
I should add that he was aware of Fiero clubs in Texas, but had never been involved in a Fiero club.  He had never heard of PFF, either.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2019, 08:40:03 am »
My Fiero got checked out by some guys on bikes.  They stayed alongside my Fiero for a while, looking it over, then gave a thumbs-up, and rode on.

Later, two boys who appeared to be in their teens said, "Wow!", and watched as my Fiero slowly drove by.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2019, 07:27:02 pm »
While driving on the highway, several vehicles slowed to give my Fiero a look.  The drivers gave me a thumbs-up, and drove on.  My favorite was a newer Charger (with the tail lights that look like the Challenger tail lights) whose driver indicated that he wanted me to pull over.  I did, and we talked for a bit.  I made sure to pull into a gas station so I could fill up while we talked, rather than have my Fiero look as if it broke down.

He was very interested in the engine.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2019, 08:11:35 pm »
Had to make a trip into Near-Atlanta this morning and stopped for fuel.  A 50ish guy came from the other end of the service station to look at and talk about the 87. 

On the way back, the 4-lane state highway was a little congested.  I picked up on a car a little distance back that was weaving his way through traffic and in about a mile he was right behind me in the left lane.  Since I was keeping up with the lane and passing people in the right lane, I stayed there.  In about 2 more miles as we neared a red light, he moved into the right lane, ran to the rear side of me a little and I saw his window come down.  Then he pulled up beside me as we slowed down.  I got a big thumbs up from a young man in a tastefully done tricked out Honda except for the big wing.