Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Has anyone seen your Fiero today?  (Read 39339 times)

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone seen your Fiero today?
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2020, 07:01:42 pm »

Received a thumbs up while filling up.
Guy asked if I kept my car garaged.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2020, 08:28:16 pm »
2 days ago, someone did.  I got a citation as proof.  I'm beginning to think the officer does not like Fieros.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2020, 08:17:50 pm »
I had a guy on a motorcycle pull up next to my Fiero today, smile, and give me a thumbs up.

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2020, 07:47:44 am »
Been driving mine all over the place and getting nothing but positives.  Not one they catch on fire reference. Lots of I have not seen one of those in a long while comments.  Probably helps the air is broken and I'm driving with the windows down so they can yell at me from the other lane.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2020, 08:03:21 am »
At that point in time, my AC was working, so my windows were up.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2020, 02:46:00 pm »
Yesterday on the way home from Caffeine and Octane, the two guys in the Volvo, then today, the granddaughter wanted to go for a long Fiero ride.  We headed out on taking the smaller country roads so I could take my time and not have to contend with traffic and tailgaters.
We hadn't gotten very far when we met a little Audi TT Roadster driven by a gray-haired gentleman.  As we approached each other, he began flashing his headlights.  First thing I thought of was that there was an accident at the intersection over the hill.  Then I see his hand stuck up over the windshield giving me a thumbs up. 

As is usual the granddaughter gets hungry the minute we get moving.  Eventually, we stopped at a Waffle House.  The only sit-down place we found on our 106 mile journey.  The cook complemented me on the car and asked if he could go out and look at it.  It's been a great Labor Day Weekend. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2020, 02:47:36 pm »
Excellent!  Maybe Fieros are on their way up.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2020, 07:29:31 pm »
Lots of people saw my Fiero, today.  I parked it in the first spot at my work, which sits on a major road (not highway).  People stopped in to ask about the car.

Later, I drove the Fiero to 3 groundbreaking ceremonies.  At each ceremony, a mayor, people from the chamber of commerce, and various businessmen commented on my Fiero.  The CEO from the economic development center took several people for a drive in my Fiero...and I drove his Mini back to the office.

Later, I got several thumbs-up on the way home.  One of these people flagged me down to ask questions.

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2020, 07:54:58 pm »
Been commuting in mine to the MARTA train station.  It will sit there all day for the next three weeks.  Not sure whos looking but its there to be seen.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2020, 08:14:20 pm »
I don't know the setup, but it probably depends on where it's parked.  In my case, think those spots where dealerships park premium vehicles.  Usually, I park the Fiero back further, but parked up front, today.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 03, 2020, 04:53:44 pm »
Had a guy drive over to look at my Fiero.  He said his dad had an '89 Fiero, just like mine, but that he blew the engine in high school.  Not a typo on the year.

Still, unlikely any other Fiero is just like mine.

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2020, 02:48:41 am »
A guy came by that's buying the Subie 360 that a friend/customer has here. He was particularly interested in my Indy - especially after I told him about it being a parade lap car (# 36) & that I had documentation. I didn't mention that I would be interested in selling it at the right price...
I saw a red Fiero friday when I was out getting groceries (in Commerce). Had a big "16" on the door & a big wing - & a nice throaty sound. I rolled down the window & waved & the guy waved back. One of us?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2020, 09:18:54 am »
Not one of us.  Never seen it before, nor have I heard of it by that description. 

There were two Notchbacks from up in the Clarkesville area that were owned by former Atlanta Region SCCA director Bill Dillashaw and his partner.  They were both streetable and SCCA prepared and frequently run at Road Atlanta.  I don't know what their numbers were.  Bill sold his, but I don't know if Pat sold his, or not. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 14, 2020, 07:06:34 pm »
I drove my Fiero to work, today.  When I left, there was a note on the windshield.

What is this?
Call me

There was a phone number.  I called, and the guy made me an offer.  An offer that was almost the new invoice amount.  We had a good conversation.

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 14, 2020, 10:52:03 pm »
I drove my Fiero to work, today.  When I left, there was a note on the windshield.

What is this?
Call me

There was a phone number.  I called, and the guy made me an offer.  An offer that was almost the new invoice amount.  We had a good conversation.

I had that happen with a JDM Civic once. Stupid offer. I loved that car but apparently it can be bought. 😂
1988 Fiero Base 4cyl 5spd.
1986 Fiero GT ... Parting out. Let me know if you need something.