Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Run For The Hills 22 Information  (Read 39878 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Run For The Hills 22 Information
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2017, 07:54:01 pm »
PM sent.

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2017, 10:37:21 pm »
I have had several things happen this last month. Bike trouble, car trouble. But this last item has knocked me out of going to RFTH. My mom has had a stroke and I am going back and forth to the hospital on the weekends to help my sister . As such, I cannot attend RFTH this year. I know thats it a very late date , but I have 2 rooms reserved 1 in Clayton the other in Asheville. If anyone would like to take these rooms please let me know before the end of this week.(8 Sept). If not I will be calling to cancel the reservations . My mom is doing much better as the stroke was caught before any really bad damage was done. The doctors are very happy with her progress.
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2017, 10:51:50 pm »
Sorry to hear of both.  If you have to cancel reservations, call the numbers used to make them.  Tell them of the medical situation.  Maybe they won't charge a cancellation fee.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2017, 06:31:20 am »
I have had several things happen this last month. Bike trouble, car trouble. But this last item has knocked me out of going to RFTH. My mom has had a stroke and I am going back and forth to the hospital on the weekends to help my sister . As such, I cannot attend RFTH this year. I know thats it a very late date , but I have 2 rooms reserved 1 in Clayton the other in Asheville. If anyone would like to take these rooms please let me know before the end of this week.(8 Sept). If not I will be calling to cancel the reservations . My mom is doing much better as the stroke was caught before any really bad damage was done. The doctors are very happy with her progress.

That's terrible!  Prayers headed your way.

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2017, 03:03:07 pm »
Prayers for your mom from me and Brenda. Be safe in your travelling.
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2017, 12:07:15 am »
I just realized that RFTH and Fierorama are both on # 22.  I'm not sure if Fierorama missed a year somewhere or not.

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2017, 07:20:02 pm »
Heres to a speedy recovery for Mom Ron

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2017, 06:53:41 am »
Are any of you going to take video of your run, this year?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2017, 08:34:49 am »
I may get my camera out and shoot some.  The only problem is that I don't know how to convert it from it's format so that it can be viewed on other than the camera. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2017, 09:47:43 am »
I may get my camera out and shoot some.  The only problem is that I don't know how to convert it from it's format so that it can be viewed on other than the camera.
I can convert it for you.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2017, 09:52:23 am »
The Swayne boys are coming to the run...
My brother Lloyd's car (used to be my car):

My brother Mike's 4.9 Formula:

My "XD4" Fiero:

The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2017, 04:44:39 pm »
Mike's car has dark tinted side windows?

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2017, 05:13:49 pm »
Ron, I'm sorry you can't make it. Prayers for your mom.
Everyone else... looking forward to seeing you all again!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2017, 04:17:24 pm »
Hurricane Irma has been in the forefront of the news and the latest forecast is that it may track up through central or west Georgia.  It's predicted to be out of the state by Tuesday.  We've had a goodly number of people asking about contingency plans.

The latest prediction for the NE Georgia, to Asheville area is that there's only about a 20 % chance of rain and mostly sunny weather.  If it happens that there's any storm damage along our route requiring detours, I will be able to get us around most anything.  Using the GPS addresses that I've +put into the Route Sheet, you can simply detour to the next waypoint.

Run For The Hills 22 will take place as scheduled.

Trinten

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2017, 04:44:54 pm »
Hey everyone,

Super late to the party here.
1) Time flies with my job. (I saw the post about this up on another forum, told CowsPatoot I was going to go... and then realized it was this upcoming week).

2) I still want to go.
2a) I quickly looked through the thread. I see some mentions of towns, the Red Roof in... but I didn't catch the following (and if I somehow missed this, I apologize): 

2b) What is the name/address of the hotel in Clayton, GA. that we are meeting at? And I'm assuming it doesn't matter what time we show up Friday night? (I might be there pretty late)

2c) I read that the Red Roof Inn in Asheville is/will be filled up, and rates have doubled, can anyone confirm? Also, I'd like the address for that location (I have the TN# from page 3 for the group reservations )

3) Do we get a list of stops and time estimates ahead of time so I can program my GPS? I'm likely to wind up near the back of the pack (so I don't hold up people more daring than I am in corners), and if I miss a turn or something, I want to not lose you guys completely. That would suck.

Last minute caveat - parts are on the way to fix my belt tensioner issue this week. Right now, super aggressive shifts between 3rd and 4th throw the belt off. Which sucks. Especially since I do like going fast (in a relatively straight line with good distance visibility - yeah, I'm a quarter-mile guy, don't judge). :)