Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Have you seen a Fiero today?  (Read 116616 times)

88_4mula

Have you seen a Fiero today?
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:04:24 pm »
I went to the movies last night in Athens...
Came out of the movies...to my suprise...A  white, 88 coupe parked next to me.
Had Pontiac 3 spoke wheels on it. It's in good shape.
Left a card, with a note to join us here.

Cyb3rw0lf

• View Profile
Re: Have you seen a Fiero today?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:01:38 pm »
Saw a silver 86 notchie parked outside the junkyard I normally visit the other day...Have seen the car alot, talked to the owner even (he shops at the store I work at). Older fellow who paid $150 for the car which he says ran pretty well when he got it....Now its trashed, missing body panels, molding is held on by self-tapping screws, uses just about anywhere and everywhere on the car as a trash can and the Duke in it is on the verge of death (usual problems with well...everything) I offered to buy it and well...he said his insurance claims its worth $700 and wants at least... $450 for it eventually I believe, that's actually one of the few cars Ive nearly cried about because of their fate...

Also Im pretty sure that same guy is the one ripping apart Fiero's in my usual junkyard using a crowbar instead of actually unbolting things -_- grrrr..... Not surprising though considering I had to teach him that the sunroof could be opened and how to do it......

:'( Sorry I seem to have ranted...

OH! I also believe (unsure since it was just a glimpse) I saw a blue 87 fastback in Griffin when coming home from classes one day, had a flame job on the front end and some kind of strange wing on the back.....Like a short arch, tried to catch up to it to make sure it was a Fiero but the stoplight didnt change fast enough >.< did'nt seem to be a rice-rocket though, stock wheels and the paint was actually really well done from the looks of it.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 07:49:49 am »
That kinda fits the description of the one I just acquired.  Belonged to one of our members who needed to dispose of it.  Not the factory blue, and the flames were of a different shade, brighter blue with red/purple flip paint on the tips? 
The wing was a low, flat wing that had an arch from side to side?  I'll send you 2 pictures, since I can't post a picture here.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Cyb3rw0lf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 10:57:28 am »
That one looks identical to what I saw with the exception that the wing was in primer (or just painted white/grey) and it had the stock gold GT wheels I believe.... It was several months ago though.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 06:13:36 pm »
Wouldn't have been this one.  It was painted over a year ago.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Tinton

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 07:43:15 pm »
Yup, I was on Thornton Rd./US 278 about an hour ago driving my 88 GT and I saw a red Formula going the other way. Is that anyone here?

Yesterday I saw one too, Don came over and helped fix my 88 GT so I saw his '86 SE parked in my driveway for a while, lol.

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 02:15:09 pm »
yesterday,i saw the same i see every time i go to cleveland GA, off the side of the road, with a for sale sign in it. it's identical to mine. i believe i emailed this guy back when i was on the hunt for a fiero. he said it had a 3.4L and he wanted $5K for it

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 09:39:38 pm »
Saw mine from the drivers seat, to and from downtown.  ;D
I'm sure my neighbors loved it when I left for work at 6:00 AM.
Damn 4.9 is loud with only a straight through chambered muffler and no cat.

88_4mula

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 02:41:28 pm »
Got one!
Yesterday Just outside of Lawrenceville around 2pm on GA Hwy 316 headed toward 85.
It was a Coupe no wing...Bronze in color.

88_4mula

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 02:29:49 pm »
I just caught Ferris Bueller's Day Off. There is a white coupe 85?(movie released in 1986) driven by Ferris's sister.

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 09:55:54 pm »
seen that primered one. im thinking its sitting at the owner's apartment. i'll try to drop a card off when i get a chance

Formula88

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »
It's kind of hard for me not to see a Fiero every day.  Yeah, I have mine, but my next door neighbor also has one, so between the two of us, we're pretty much guaranteed to see one or the other.   :D

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 10:37:15 pm »
I know what you mean. Everytime I go outside I see 2 and if I go to work I see 10 and 1/2 Fiero's.
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 08:47:17 pm »
i saw a gold one today. it looked to be an 85 GT with a for sale sign in it. it was sitting at the pendergrass flea market

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 07:59:16 pm »
saw an all black notchie, possibly GT. going north on 985 around 7pm. i was going south, i saw between exit 22 and 24