Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: THREADS ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING  (Read 92844 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
THREADS ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING
« on: November 29, 2011, 03:11:27 pm »
I'm going to leave this Sticky'ed for a little while so our occasional visitors may see it, too.

When Pat set up this message board, he broke it down into classifications that he thought would be of interest and serve our needs.  It was designed to be easily navigable so we could post or search with or for specific information. 

I have noticed that many of the threads have become obscured and are no longer about their subject title, nor in their appropriate information section.  When you do a search to find out how to 'burp' your coolant system, you don't want to read about how I 'burped' my new granddaughter.  If you're posting about how to do a 'brake' job, you don't want someone posting to your thread about the price 'break' they got while shopping at Target.  I am as guilty as any one else.  As The Don noted in one thread, we started out with something Fiero related, and went off in 4 or 5 different directions. 

Please, let's try to keep comments as closely related to the subject in the heading as we possibly can.  If you have something new you want to post, first pick a Section that best fits the subject, then start a thread.  A photo documentary of the assembly of your new 3-burner stainless steel barbecue grill doesn't belong in the Technical Tips section or someone's LS3 build thread though it might be very helpful to those of us who don't read directions.

General Discussion is for those things that don't really fit into the other Fiero or Club oriented sections.  It's the Off-Topic area to talk about anything.  Just please, try to keep it clean. 

Thanks.
Charlie
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Donster

• View Profile
Re: THREADS ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:20:26 pm »
I couldn't agree more with this Charlie, and truth be told, I'm sure everyone agrees that at one time or another, we've all been guilty of doing it.
I am glad however that it has been brought to everybody's attention and lets all try to adhere to it from now on.

Thanks

\D
Life is good!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:44:15 pm »
I agree with you both. How about Buddy, does he work? He is a little bit of everything.

General Discussion is for those things that don't really fit into the other Fiero or Club oriented sections.  It's the Off-Topic area to talk about anything.   

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 10:35:33 pm »
I absolutely agree... Congress needs to do something about this, gold-trading is a fad, the blue one is my favorite Angry Bird, and my toe fungus is getting better (see attached Before/After photos).

Mortimer Snerd,

Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

meatloafsandwich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 08:10:20 am »
  ;D  ;D ^^^^

Duchess

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 04:29:45 pm »
I really like that Charlie
I'm going to leave this Sticky'ed for a little while so our occasional visitors may see it, too.

When Pat set up this message board, he broke it down into classifications that he thought would be of interest and serve our needs.  It was designed to be easily navigable so we could post or search with or for specific information. 

I have noticed that many of the threads have become obscured and are no longer about their subject title, nor in their appropriate information section.  When you do a search to find out how to 'burp' your coolant system, you don't want to read about how I 'burped' my new granddaughter.  If you're posting about how to do a 'brake' job, you don't want someone posting to your thread about the price 'break' they got while shopping at Target.  I am as guilty as any one else.  As The Don noted in one thread, we started out with something Fiero related, and went off in 4 or 5 different directions. 

Please, let's try to keep comments as closely related to the subject in the heading as we possibly can.  If you have something new you want to post, first pick a Section that best fits the subject, then start a thread.  A photo documentary of the assembly of your new 3-burner stainless steel barbecue grill doesn't belong in the Technical Tips section or someone's LS3 build thread though it might be very helpful to those of us who don't read directions.

General Discussion is for those things that don't really fit into the other Fiero or Club oriented sections.  It's the Off-Topic area to talk about anything.  Just please, try to keep it clean. 

Thanks.
Charlie

I like that a lot!
Maybe we can move Crash 86GT's comments into the "General Diskussion" because it sure has nothing to do with "New East Tennessee Fiero Club is open", anymore.

I absolutely agree... Congress needs to do something about this, gold-trading is a fad, the blue one is my favorite Angry Bird, and my toe fungus is getting better (see attached Before/After photos).

Mortimer Snerd,
I like the black one because it explodes @angry birds
And no, we don't want to see any picture of your fungus.  ;D

Robs Fieros

• President of the East Tennessee Fiero Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 02:54:38 pm »

Thanks.
Charlie

I like that a lot!
Maybe we can move Crash 86GT's comments into the "General Diskussion" because it sure has nothing to do with "New East Tennessee Fiero Club is open", anymore.

Mortimer Snerd,

Really? Go for it.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club

Robs Fieros

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 01:06:50 pm »

Thanks.
Charlie

I like that a lot!

Mortimer Snerd,

Really? Go for it.

Great group you have here.

Robs Fieros

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 03:32:21 pm »
Well it's to hot to do anything outside today, so I'll stay inside on my computer.

Robs Fieros

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 02:35:24 pm »
Our forum is down.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 05:56:30 pm »
I checked it earlier and it was up.  Congratulations on the $1000 scratch-off winnings.

Robs Fieros

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 04:16:47 pm »
Our forum is back up and working great. I just wish I wasn't so sore. I didn't ask to be hit by a car, but someday he will pay for it.

Robs Fieros

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 11:18:52 pm »
Today I bought one of those electronic cigarettes and everything to recharge it and keep it filled up so that I can stop smoking. And I also talked Ralph into doing the same thing, if I pay for it for him. It only cost about $65.00 a month but that's cheaper than $200.00 a month for regular cigarettes.

Robs Fieros

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 11:51:08 am »
I'm glad I quit smoking, it's 16 degrees up here and a slight wind blowing.

Robs Fieros

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 04:55:17 pm »
I just found out that the man I was getting my vapor cigarettes from shot himself today.